Please! God! How to keep My Documents subfolders from respawning. Please Help!

rtravers

OSNN Newbie
I'm using XP and I'm desperate. The subfolders under My Documents, how do I keep them from respawning. It seems as though almost every time I install a new app it creates a new one! I've tried everything I can think of with no results. Other than frustrating ones.

Is there a way to delete the f@#ckers once and for all! Please e-mail me! rtravers@resitek.com

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is a first time post to this service. If I sound twitchy or uncooth, I apologize.

Welcome to the forums! :)

And please be more specific, is it "My Pictures" and so on you mean?

My Pictures, My eBooks.

I just know when I am beaten :)
There are tools to change these paths and you could get them changed to the %USERROOT/MY Documents folder or something similar.
Does TweakUI do that?

The folder that keep respawning are as follows:

Adobe
Corel User Files
My DVDs
My eBooks
My Music
My Pictures
My PSP8 Files (?)
My Videos
NeroVision

Some of those are being created by your applicaiton program installs. Selecting advanced install instead of standard may let you keep some of them from re-appearing.
Adobe
Corel User Files
My PSP8 Files (?)
NeroVision

Some are part of windows. The windows ones can all be changed to dump your stuff into the My-Documents root like Punk said. I'll go look for a utility to change these with.
My eBooks
My Music
My Pictures

Not sure on these:
My DVDs
My Videos

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back