PlayStation 3 to Change E3

I don't think you can get a good grip on that controller. :p These pics are still not confirmed right?

Just something I read:

That's not a fair comparison. The Xbox 360's 1TFLOP measurement is with double-precision floating point calculations. The PS3 will only achieve about 200GFLOPs with double-precision math. It can achieve 2 TFLOPs with non-compliant single-precision... but the jury is still out on how much that matters.

So I guess it's like comparing Apples and Oranges from Sony's numbers ;) In the end, I can see that the won't be that much of a difference in hardware this gen, and therefore I'm sure the software will make the big difference! I like that.

I'm not a fan of any company. just give me the best experience possible and i'll buy it. I'm not loyal. I buy what suits me best.

I'm not excited about this new console from sony

First screenshot!

edit: it's attached now. It's crazy.

Don't worry, Sony has forseen the future problems with wireless controllers and adapted. You see when you get frustrated at a game and throw your controller the cord usually saves it from going too far away from the system. You get up out of your seat and pick the controller back up.

Now with the new PS3 controller, they have addressed that issue by making the controller double as a boomerang. You get ****ed off and throw the controller....no problem!!!! in a matter of seconds the controller comes back to you so you can continue your gaming.
boomerang1uh.jpg

:p

Attachments

• ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20050516050446674.jpg
    ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20050516050446674.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
cant see the screenshot, apparently there's an error with it :( oh, it works with IE :\

I think the GTA game was the "big" announcement. Like we weren't expecting that :p

macromp: I've attached it to the original post now :)

Now... We know the 360 (less the B.C. issue), and we know the PS3. My big question, what makes Big N so confident it will call its console, Revolution.

That controller looks like those horrible PC controllers. :dead:

well, i saw the pics and specs...
on one hand, wow. those specs are pretty big. on the other, bigger hand, eh. as was posted before, it'll take so long and so much cash to develop a game that can actually take advantage of all that (i mean jeez, the cell cpu can do so much crap, the gpu is so big and the game media is so effin big) that by the time something can fully use it, the next-next gens will already be under development...

that's why im curious to see what nintendo will hold...i've already realized that graphics have come to a plateau, and games will have to become more innovative in order to keep the gamers loyal (sony took nintendo's example, and copied the gba/gc and rev/ds connectivity)

Since the console has two HD outputs, it is can be hooked up to two side-by-side HDTVs to projecting video in a 32:9 extra-widescreen format (think Cinemascope in your living room). Like a gigantic version of the Nitnendo DS, the dual digital outputs also allow for an extended game display, with the action on one screen and either game information or video chat on the second.

OH MY GOD.

streaming video of the following games at gamespot.com..if you have a fast connection it helps alot...unbelievable!!!!

scroll to the bottom of the page.

Killzone2 :eek:

LINK

ignipotentis said:
Now... We know the 360 (less the B.C. issue), and we know the PS3. My big question, what makes Big N so confident it will call its console, Revolution.

It comes out AFTER the xbox/ps systems and likely will have an enhanced version of ati's GPU at the time.

First off the controllers if you think about it, what if they are designed that way sozz to make them easier for auto racing games. Turn the controller like a steering wheel and yer car turns accordingly. Hmmmm.

Plus one other thing... The PSP will wirelessly act as a remote control. Yeow!

They showed gameplay footage at the conference from a bunch of games, one that they showed was:
Final Fantasy VII CGI scene recreated in real-time (new Final Fantasy game for PS3 confirmed) - Square Enix

The Motorstorm screenshots are bad ass.

And did you see the Gundam World screenshots? Wow

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this, partly because of the number of developers who have already set out to support it in the near future (Square Enix on board alone is enough for me). The controller though, is a problem for me- just doesn't have the unique design in comparision to the current dual-shock. Maybe because it was a transition from the old ps1 to ps2 (and thus was easier to use), but heck, the dual-shock looks pretty clunky in comparision to the new one. Just wish it didn't look like one of those old Sidewinders :)

I'm not sure on what to say about game development times. People complained that the ps2's specs were weak, especially the Vram and other hardware specs in comparison to its competitors. Now it's actually got beefy specs, people are complaining that it's too much? :suprised:

Playstation 3 Launch and Specs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4554025.stm

PLAYSTATION 3 SPECS
_41152947_killzone203.jpg

CPU Cell Processor running at 3.2Ghz with 2.18 teraflops of performance
Backward compatible
256Mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 GHz
256Mb of GDDR VRAM at 700Mhz
Memory Stick Duo, SD, compact flash memory slots
Detachable 2.5 inch hard drive
Support for seven Bluetooth controllers
Six USB slots for peripherals
Supports Blu-ray DVD format
Output in HDTV resolution up to 1080p as standard

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back