PlayStation 3 to Change E3

I don't think it's been posted, but here is a leaked picture of PS3. Looks like a VCR. :lick:

2994557355722101.JPG

For more information, read this article.

I'm not liking that design much. 160 GB hard drive? :eek:

Hopefully this won't be the design that they show at their press conference at E3 later tody...which I'll be watching live thanks to my IGN Insider account :p

Me too. And in late 2006, you can get a 400GB one too.

Sony Computer Entertainment gave the world its first look at the PlayStation 3, as it now is officially called. It also confirmed that the console will arrive in 2006 and will use Blu-Ray discs as its media.

technical specs of the device. The PlayStation 3 will feature the much-vaunted Cell processor, which will run at 3.2 Ghz and feature 2.18 teraflops of performance. It will sport 256mb XDR main RAM at 3.2 Ghz, have 256MB of GDDR VRAM at 700mhz. :lick: :lick: :) :) ........nice!!!

The PlayStation 3 will also sport some hefty multimedia features, such as video chat, internet access, digital photo viewing, digital audio and video. Sony Computer Entertainment head Ken Kutaragi introduced it as a "Super computer for computer entertainment."

link

Last edited:
Was about to post that. Kicking Xbox 360's ass right now? :lick: Can't really say. Check the features.

~bk said:
I don't think it's been posted, but here is a leaked picture of PS3. Looks like a VCR. :lick:
IMO it looks alot like the 360 only horizontal instead of vertical. :p

Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. It also has over 300 million transistors lager than any processor available commercially today. It was manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ultras, which would cost rough $1000 if bought today. :eek: :eek:

tdinc said:
Sony also unveiled the PS3's graphics chip, the RSX "Reality Synthesizer based on Nvidia technology. The GPU will be capable of 128bit pixel precision, 1080p resolution, some of the highest HD resolution around. It also has over 300 million transistors lager than any processor available commercially today. It was manufactured using the 90nm process with 8 layers of metal. The RSX is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 ultras, which would cost rough $1000 if bought today. :eek: :eek:
With all that will be interesting to see how far under $400 this thing turns out to be. Sounds like it has the potential to be the new-age Neo Geo that nobody can touch because of the price tag.

Damn, this thing is gonna be expensive. :p

Also, the graphics chip is still behind the Xbox's GPU :p Anyway, Sony's press conference starts in about 15 minutes!

Well i know with my cheap a$$ i am gonna be getting the xbox 360 lol.

7 wireless controllers! :eek:

* It will support Blu-ray (obviously), DVD±R/W, CD-R/RW
* Backwards compatible with the PlayStation 2 and original Playstation
* One 3.2GHz Cell processor—total system performance rated at 2.18 teraflops (we’re looking into this); it will have 256MB system RAM 3.2GHz, and 256MB GDDR VRAM at 700MHz
* The nVidia graphics will be called the RSX (”Reality Synthesizer”), and will trump the Xbox 360 with 1080p (yes, that’s a p) graphics support.
* Memory Stick Duo slot, and very surprisingly, an SD and CF slots
* Bluetooth support with up to seven wireless controllers
* Six USB system ports

I guess I kinda like the look, but it doesn't wow me like when I first saw the Playstation 2! Also I hate the Spiderman font :p 360 beats it hands down in terms of asthetics.

Attachments

• 8389731317563729.JPG
    8389731317563729.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 111
  • ME0000570926_2.jpg
    ME0000570926_2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 92
  • ps32hu.jpg
    ps32hu.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
w00T dang, I'm There!! ready with check book in hand :laugh:

It can be the best of the best .. but if nobody (game makers) can't take advantage of this stuff it's $ wasted. ;)

Im sure software developers are hard at work to make some KickA** games....
This is def' a new era of the Console WAR......

Xie said:
It can be the best of the best .. but if nobody (game makers) can't take advantage of this stuff it's $ wasted. ;)

Very true, hopefully developers will be competent enough to use the capabilities of next-gen consoles.

Also you'd need a huuuge screen to be able to play a game with 6 of your buddies :nervous:

Grandmaster said:
Very true, hopefully developers will be competent enough to use the capabilities of next-gen consoles.
It will be more if they can deal w/ the HUGE $ it's going to take and the large amount of time. The complexity of the games that are going to be expected to take advantage of this kind of hardware is going to be crazy. It's going to be good for consoles and a pain in the arse for game makers I think.

050517i4vj.jpg

Erm, interesting controller. What the hell were they thinking? :p I guess I'll have to wait and see if its comfortable to hold.

And there is supposed to be a big surprise at the end...

Gran Turismo 5 has just been announced.

--------------------------------------------------

Metal Gear Solid 4 has been announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive!

A representative from Capcom has just announced Devil May Cry 4 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive!

Square Enix has just shown off a Final Fantasy VII tech demo for the PlayStation 3, but they did not announce a specific game for it. Yet.

-----------------------------------------

Nooo, I don't want to spend money on two consoles!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back