Plasma Mounted Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by SPeedY_B, Feb 21, 2005.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Quite genius really, not all that creative, but it's a good idea to hide it out the way. I'm not overly sure if the guy will run into heating problems at any point, but it's pretty cool to have your Mac hooked up to a 42" Plasma screen (even is the resolution is hideously low :p) and completely out of sight :)

[​IMG] Link: http://www.nodrm.com/index.php?p=104

2. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

I would never do that even tho its a cool idea. People these days are trying to do anything with there mac mini.

3. SPeedY_B

Any reason why?

And of course people are trying thing's with the Mini, they're never had such an accessible tiny computer before (Mini-Itx's have never really been mainstream).

4. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

.. i just want that plasma... god thats nice.. l

5. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Hah.. that is crazy! :)

6. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Well cause of heat issues and the screen resolution wouldnt be any good cept if u were to have movies full screen. I have my tv as another monitor but only to play movies that i have on my hard drive. The resolution is crap to use it as a regular screen.

7. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I would rather have the mini out in the open. It's not like it's ugly or anything and if I would have mounted it in the back I would have done it on one of the sides since having to get all the way to the back of the tv just to put a disc in or to turn it on seems rather stupid and then instead of just reaching in to the nearest side I have to reach to the middle of the tv???

most mods seem like they make things easier to use or cooler looking. seems like it made the mini non existant and harder to get to.

but hey it's interesting...i guess?!?!

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The picture on the screen looks terribly stretched out. :D

9. SPeedY_B

Not to mention awfully yellow/gold. That's crappy Plasma for you though. Stretching may be because of the low res (usually 8**x*** on large screens like that) and the Mac's likely to be putting out 16:10, rather than 16:9. :)

10. Scooter

Scooter Random Apple Dude

hhmmmmmmmm it could be cool to do it for a while, just to say you did it, but... I don't think I'd keep it like that, just as a personal preference point of view-esque thing.

(Now if I had that with my G5..... *gargles on drool* )

11. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Must be nice to have the $ to mess w/ 2 pieces of expensive hardware like that.

12. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Yep. :dead: