Votes: 2 11.1%
  • mercedes c230

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • saturn sky

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Re: help me pick my new ride

j79zlr said:
Heh, I've been shopping Solstice's around here. They have a good base, <$20k, but once you add on necessary options, like air conditioning, power windows, decent stereo, etc it gets around the $26k range. I just wish they had about 50 more HP and I would probably own one. If I am going to spend 26 grand I might as well drop a few more bucks and get a Mustang. The 2007 GXP looks really interesting though.
I'd look into the mustang also, but for the same reasons I don't want the mitsubishi

WRX STI or an EVO....but out of what you want go from the benzto the benz, mini, sky, and the poniac...

Last edited:

failurbydesign said:
WRX STI or an EVO....but out of what you want, the benz, mini, sky, and the pontiac.

Yea i forgot the "T"

Actully was talking about how you wrote that...but out of what you want, the benz, mini , sky and the pontiac, i was expecting you to pick one.

Oh, thats the order i would pick, but i would rather have an STI or EVO

Get the Mercedes ...

which type by the way, you only have the front of the car and is of a Mercedes C230 2002, so are you going new or old with that

mb230_415x224.jpg

or

Mercedes-C230-Sports-Sedan-Kompressor.jpeg

Perris, in that price-range, you might even be able to get a deal on an Acrua 3.2 CL type-S, used.

260HP, manumatic (or manual) shifter and it comes fully loaded with all kindsa lovely stuff ;)

Maybe not quite as edgy but it has juice and ammenities and even has a servicable back-seat :devious:

ya, a luxery nameplate would do the trick also, so that car's an option, that's why the bense and I am also looking at a few of the used jags

as far as a serviceable back seat, I'm keeping my suv and when I'm in this car I want every excuse to take nobody with me

Last edited:

I would stay away from a slightly used jag m8.

When getting a car, there are a few things to consider.

The model/maker/issues with the car and the cost of ownership. This is aside from looks and performance and interior aesthetics and comfort/sport level.

Bmw's, Merc's, Jags and american models typically are not very good at everything.

Bmw's and Merc's I would take over the rest.

The most reliable brands are toyota and honda and nissan (imo) hence why Acura would be a nice fit :)

The mini is a good, solid car and thats why it was my pick no.1 for j00.

The c230 is not a very problematic car either. The other two are kind of a toss-up since they haven't been around long.

Mini.

Reasons?

Seks seh.
Bolt on baubbles = HP +++
Fuel efficient.
Modern and old school at the same time.
Younger chics dig em.

I get the trailer trash stinky finger feeling from the redline.
The Mercedes is too german and old school.
And the Pontiac is cool, but in a tebaggin wagon-Gay and loving it sort of way.

Steevo said:
Mini.

Reasons?

Seks seh.
Bolt on baubbles = HP +++
Fuel efficient.
Modern and old school at the same time.
Younger chics dig em.

I get the trailer trash stinky finger feeling from the redline.
The Mercedes is too german and old school.
And the Pontiac is cool, but in a tebaggin wagon-Gay and loving it sort of way.

What?

The mini is quite possibly the ugliest car ever made. I can't believe anyone likes those.

j79zlr said:
What?

The mini is quite possibly the ugliest car ever made. I can't believe anyone likes those.
it's a beamer

that ford is pretty hot, what's that go for?

however, same problem as the pontiac, usually American cars are good for about 15000 miles, foreign cars are good for 300000

I love these two American candidates, but I have no clue how they will run after I put on some milage

also I don't know if the look is going to get tired

the mustang got tired looking fast

tough choices

The GT? Like $200K if I'm not mistaken?

madmatt said:
The GT? Like $200K if I'm not mistaken?
in that case I hate that friggin car, man that's one ugly car

moose tang cobra?

is that an original cobra?

nothing can beat that original cobra for heads ups spead, that thing did wheelies stock out of the showroom

however this new ford is supposed to be race track ready from what I remember, it smoked the viper in just about every perfromance catagory

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back