Physic Gaming

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Bman, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Has anyone seen this yet, I Shatt my pants

From Digg

"Be prepared to crap your pants. AGEIA(Company supporting sony for ps3's physics) have shown off THEE best physics demo anyons ever seen. Lets hope that this will some day be a real fps. This is running all in REAL TIME."

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9867&pl=game&type=mov

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Old news B =)

Only about six games can take advantage of it right now.

Dell now offers the card with the XPS 400/600 series.

3. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Yeah I saw those, looks pretty damn sweet. Cant wait to see what the PPU's can actually do. You need to take all this PR stuff with a grain of salt.

Have you read about the Nvidia proposal to use an SLI setup to compute Havok physics stuff? They said it would work with a single card as well, but you would really need an SLI setup with top tier cards to get a real benefit from it.

4. Bman

Wasen't talking about the cards and technology itself, but the video...

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I'm not doing that well tonight, my apologies. Anyway, it is exciting. Once more games start taking advantage of the card it will be well worth the $250.00 asking price.

6. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

i'm sure that once they're OUT..... more and more games will support them. there's already quite a few coming out that are gonna be using it..... 2 of the more popular ones being UT2007, and GRAW. I'm probably gonna pick one up either when they're released, or shortly thereafter.

and the FPS will probably be achievable once the game is released if you have the PhysX card. you have any idea how much strain it'll relieve from the CPU? that's a lot of calculations to do for so many props.

edit: you can also go to this site, PhysX by Ageia's website, and see the real-time footage. has a side by side comparison of GRAW with and without the PhysX card, a video for Cell Factor, as well as a video showing fluid dynamics in Bet on Soldier. gotta click the side-by-side pics to play them..... the one for Cell Factor you have to click "I'm old enough", before it'll load, and then for both Cell Factor, and Bet on Soldier, you'll see the play buttons when you have the cursor over the picture.

http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

is that ever a remarkable difference for GRAW or what?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2006
  8. Bman

I just can't wait to get my hands on this card, and start playing games with it. It's amazing how well it looks and just everything.