phreackeeeer101 biatch

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by TheRedFraggle, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Hey,

I've recently decided to take the condom off my PC for an MSN transfer from my mate Edders, and STUPIDLY forgot to re-activate it!

Anyways, my problem is that while I was away, blissfully unaware, i apparently had an attack. I went to my baby to fire up a movie and was at first returned with the error message 'network location or drive could not be found' after exploring the drive and clicking the movie. (Back to the Future, damn, so wanted to see that again!!)

Aaaanyway, thought nothing of it, and another double-clicky brought the same message. Hmmm. So clicked again and was returned with an error message... 'phreackeeeer101 did this' I have not been able to acces two of my three partitions since...

Niiiice. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience (hehe, sorry) with this, and whether anyone knows how to commandeer the two buggered partitions i have :)

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

For starters check in the Disk Manager if the partitions have been removed or just hidden.

3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

check for "autorun.inf" files in the root directories of both partitions... they may have been hidden but when you try to go to it, the inf file is making the pc show "error" boxes...

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Steve is my mate and therefore an alcoholic, so I will make sure he sees this, thanks guys.