PHP: getenv("HTTP_USER_AGENT") weirdness.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am trying to create a sig like on Danasoft. One of the things the script should show, is which browser the one that is watching the sig is using. I am playing around a bit, and I found out that my IE6 has this HTTP_USER_AGENT signature:
Code:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Why Mozilla? Is IE using pieces of Mozilla code? Or is IE in fact Mozilla?

It has always identified itself as that, one of the more reasons some stats scripts think that the older mozilla's are in fact IE's.

Nothing weird about that. Normal to see that.

To identify a browser as IE, just look for the MSIE string within the user agent string. The initial "Mozilla" string is used by all browsers.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/85.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/85.6

I thought all browsers had the Mozilla/x.x ?

Google search for Unsupported Browser

ROTFLMAO

Unsupported Browser
We are very sorry, but our web site will not work with your browser. ... isn't feasible
to make this site do what MOST users need and work with ALL web browsers. ...
Description: Mayor, City Council, boards and commissions, and other information from city government.
Category: Regional > North America > ... > K > Knoxville > Government
www.ci.knoxville.tn.us/ - 3k - Nov 28, 2003 - Cached - Similar pages

Its really sad, but sucks for those sites, less hits for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back