Photoshop Question

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by ReC0iL, Jul 21, 2003.

1. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

I am having trouble using the Polygonal Lasso Tool.... I am trying to make an interface table and I don't know how to cut out the sections I want. Ok I started out by drawing a square in the middle of my image. I am trying to use Polygonal Lasso Tool to cut out little sections of the square so I can have the shape of table I want. But I am not sure on how to cut it out when I have it selected. I tried to push delete while one of the corners was selected but it said that the layer is not directly editable. Can anyone help me?

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Moved to Applications

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

When you use the Polygon Lasso Tool, make sure the last click you make is at the point you first started. This will create a defined selected area. Then make sure you've selected the correct layer in the Layer palette (the layer that contains the part of the image you want to crop). If you hit the delete button after that, it should work.

4. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Hey guys I am having trouble doingthis tutorial... I can't seem to get it to cut with the Polygonal Lasso Tool... I tried to press delete but that doesn't work... Can anyone help me?

5. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Please do not cross post.

Threads Merged.

~PseudoKiller

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

NetRyder is correct ...The tutorial is simple enough and it sounds like you are not selecting the correct layer.

7. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Oh sorry about that other post I posted in coding and design and it just kept disapearing so I tried to post again... and I just figured out that jewelzz moved it :p

8. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Hmmmm... It's still not working... I have my background... my square... Did the lasso thing where I end where I begin... and it's selected when I try to delete it... Wierd it still says "Could not complete your request because the content of the layer is not directly editable."

9. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

is the square on the background or on another layer ??

10. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

I drew the square on the background and I see that it created a new layer automatically... But it's still a part of the background I think...

11. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

12. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Well it is a new layer yes.... lol

13. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

only 1 layer...

and its not locked ??

14. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

No I do not believe the layer is locked....

15. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

have you tried the Slice tool?

16. Can you post a screen grab of your layers palette?

17. InSaN|tY

InSaN|tY OSNN Junior Addict

Make a selection with a laso tool, select a layer where u wanna make the cut, and press delete. It doesnt matter if the layer is locked, all that matters is that u selected the correct layer ;)