Photoshop 7 freeze

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by carolkin, Jul 11, 2002.

1. carolkin

carolkin Guest

Here goes, I've been everywhere man. The problem is that when I try to open or save a file, Photoshop 7 freezes up. No matter what the size of the file is, this keeps, happening. I installed and reinstalled the program dozens of times and this continues. I am sure that it is an XP problem. This doesn't happen with any other program. Here are the specs, a Pentium IV, 1.2 ghz processor, 256 mgs of ram and I am running Windows XP Home Edition. This must be a OS problem. My friend has Windows Pro and nothing like this has happened. I have been to almost every forum and had no luck. I have my fingers crossed that someone has a fix or at least some ideas to work with. Thank you for any help that you can throw my way.

2. ultraviolet7

ultraviolet7 Guest

i have no idea. i use photoshop 7 in 98se and i have never had any problem like this. sorry.
  3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    try clearing all the temporary files and reinstalling again...or, try reinstalling as another user, or try reinstaling into brand new folders...also, just a did not create a static swap file, did you?