Phone..PDA...Verizon...

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Well ive had my Q (verizon) for quiet some time now, love the keyboard, BUT i will never ever use the data package ( mainly the phone runs faster and more customizable that a reg phone) anyways since most of the new nice pda's require the data plan on verizon, are there any recommendations for a phone/PDA for me within verizon like the q???

I am quite fond of blackberries myself.

they are nice, but i have no use/need for the blackberry service which is required to have when you get a BB from verizon

I believe all PDAs on all carriers require you have a data plan

Verizon is changing so you have to have a data plan with all pdas. If you are looking for a device with an easy to use OS, I would recommend the Palm Centro. I've had mine for 6 months, and I love it!!! All of the apps are easy to use, the menus are simple, and if you decide to look for 3rd market apps, there are plenty.

Honestly, I started out just using the phone as a phone/calendar/address book, but I've found that the internet at your fingers comes in handy. Plus, the texting is great. Keyboard is on the small side, so I would look at one to see if it fits your fingers. I tend to use the end of my nails to type.

I love my Palm m500, but it's getting old and certainly does not do the things a Palm Centro can do. One thing I love about my m500 is reading ebooks at night using the backlight. It does not disturb my husband while he is sleeping. I don't know if a Centro is good for ebooks but I am willing to give it a try (when I buy one some day!)

The Centro screen might be too small for eBooks. I would definitely take a look at a store before you purchased one. For eBooks, you would be better with a device that is all screen, like a Touch Pro/iPhone/Storm, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back