Philips CDRW 400 series drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Maximus825, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Maximus825

Maximus825 Guest

Hey, I need some XP drivers for a Philips 400 series drive. Can anyone help me out with that?

2. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

What do you mean?!?

Drivers should'nt be need for the Cd-rw, Windows has cd drivers built in...

3. Maximus825

Maximus825 Guest

This is a USB drive. I'm pretty sure that it needs drivers. Or ata least a firmware update. Philip's website is really messed up. They don't list things like they should and stuff. If anyone has one of these drives working under Windows XP let me know, it would be greatly appriciated. Thanks a lot.

4. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

Oh... Try here... Pay attention to the warning... Hope it helps...

Win2k driver might work... I'm still looking though...

5. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

The lack of drivers for that thing seems to be common...
    I have'nt found anything but Win2k drivers... Give them a try...

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I found this article at http://www.computingreview.com/PRD_16143_1772crx.aspx

Please install the unit using updated USB drivers from www.freecom.com as follows: choose support, choose drivers/patches, under traveler II series choose cdrw, from the drop down menu choose USB for your operating system, and download the driver that comes up. Unzip this driver to a clean floppy disk, go back through the add new hardware wizard, and specify the A drive as the location for the drivers. This should cause the Operating System to recognize the unit.

Go here, click on the pull-down menu 'Select softwareplatform'> USB Connection Windows XP. This will give you a direct download link to the driver referred to above.