Personal Cinema

iamtaylormade

One Step from The Edge
Just wondering if someone could educate me in the ways of the "Personal Cinema"?
I am new to "high end" video, read a bit about it, but this is the first system I've purchased with anything that matters.
I want to hook my box to my TV/Stereo Receiver/Cable/DVD etc. so I may use it as the control point for all media. I checked the nVidia web site and was looking at the Personal Cinema. I'm still not sure if I can buy a module for my current card or if I have to buy another brand new card. I am also a little behind on the Detinator driver story, are the drivers changing that frequently and should I be updating them via 3Dguru's site when they become available?
Sorry for my ignorance, I specialize in networking and forensics, not the video side.
System Specs:
Alienware Area51
3.2MhzHT W/1Gb Corsair DDR Ram
2- 160Gb Seagates, Serial ATA
DVD+-R/RW, CDRW
nVidia 5600Ultra/128Mb
NEC 1860NX LCD
Audigy2 6.1 Sound Card

Any guidance would be appreciated, Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by iamtaylormade
Just wondering if someone could educate me in the ways of the "Personal Cinema"?
I am new to "high end" video, read a bit about it, but this is the first system I've purchased with anything that matters.
I want to hook my box to my TV/Stereo Receiver/Cable/DVD etc. so I may use it as the control point for all media. I checked the nVidia web site and was looking at the Personal Cinema. I'm still not sure if I can buy a module for my current card or if I have to buy another brand new card. I am also a little behind on the Detinator driver story, are the drivers changing that frequently and should I be updating them via 3Dguru's site when they become available?
Sorry for my ignorance, I specialize in networking and forensics, not the video side.
System Specs:
Alienware Area51
3.2MhzHT W/1Gb Corsair DDR Ram
2- 160Gb Seagates, Serial ATA
DVD+-R/RW, CDRW
nVidia 5600Ultra/128Mb
NEC 1860NX LCD
Audigy2 6.1 Sound Card

Any guidance would be appreciated, Thanks in advance...

unlike ati's AIW cards... the personal cinema setup involves 2 cards...

they are supported in the dets.. for more information I suggest you check out www.nvidia.com

my recommendation for any multimedia work is to buy an ati all in wonder series card... its all inclusive and the new 9600pro version will retail soon... with pretty much all teh features incl FM...

alternatively you can purchase something from hauppage or viewsonic or some other such company and use that to view and record material...

Thanks for your assistance, I'm not looking forward to pulling the new nVidia card, but if it has to be, it has to be. I really thought I should have purchased the AIW card but didn't know about it until it was too late.

Thanks again,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back