PerfectDisk Vs. Diskeeper

• PerfectDisk

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Diskeeper

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters

ming

OSNN Advanced
I know I've said I use Diskeeper and prefer it over PD, but I do use both.
What do you use and why do you think it's better?

This is what I see in PD after a full defrag (below). What do you think of it?

Attachments

• PDisk.JPG
    PDisk.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 572
use diskeeper and I love it...not sure if perfect disk has this but setting diskeeper to defrag on a schedule is awesome...I just set it up for when I'm sleeping and I wake up the next day with a freshly defraged hdd

Well there is a service called PDScheduler :)

I like Perfectdisk :)

all the profession defrag programa can do it on a schedule

also, there's a batch to allow anyone to defrag on schedule just using the native defrag

I like perfect disk though

I couldn't say which is better coz if you look at the attached screenie, it shows a lot of fragmented files left behind in PD. Diskeeper also leaves some behind, though I'm not sure as to how much.

in ntfs, consolidating the drive is more inportant then defragging the disc...if a choice has to be made between the two, pd consolidates the drive

in addition, the file placement in the diskeeper has caused some issues with users, sometimes to the point of needing a reformat

I've never seen anything similar with the pd program

if you're wondering why I keep adding posts, I'm trying to build my post count, and this doesn't work in the lounge

sorry

somebody delete those posts after everyone has a laugh.

otherwise I'll do it tonight

punk!! have the mods stopped post counts in the lounge now?

perris said:
in addition, the file placement in the diskeeper has caused some issues with users, sometimes to the point of needing a reformat

I've never seen anything similar with the pd program
I've never had any problems with Diskeeper. System has been running ever so smoothly after defrag on boot. Now seeing if PD will do the same. :)

I prefer diskeeper for 9x systems although it takes up a lot more space than PD and it is very proprietory.(Jus try uninstalling all of it.)

I prefer PD for xp though.Much smaller footprint and is much friendlier and I think more proficient.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back