Pentium v Athlon

How more earlier you start the more you learn...isn't it?

I am 14 now. When I was 4 years old, I got a 486 !!! In 1997 (when I was 9) I got a 486 Laptop, ( very cool stuff ). In 1998 I got a P2 233MHz (64MB RAM) !!!

And Now I have got this (look below) !

i had a p3 for a couple of months and i thought it was utter bollocks so i took it back got my £1500 back and bought a AMD 700mhz athlon (slot version) and ive had it for 3yrs and its still runs perfect, and a month ago me and my m8 built the comp thats now in my sig and that cost me around 700ish, just keep adding stuff each week :p
so really if u get a pentium or a AMD there are pros and cons about them both.

I have some old comps in my house too and the most stable of all are the pentiums of course, Intel has more experience and knowledge, obviously the pentium 4 now have the same reliability that every should look for. Remember Quality comes with a price. Intel has better technology and everything :cool: , maybe if amd didn't overclock their cpus in the factory theid be more stable.:p

Been using Intel chips for years. Amd has given me to many headaches in the past but, lately they've been good to me . I still would purchase an Intel first.:)

Originally posted by ZAnwar
I am 14 now. When I was 4 years old, I got a 486 !!! In 1997 (when I was 9) I got a 486 Laptop, ( very cool stuff ). In 1998 I got a P2 233MHz (64MB RAM) !!!

And Now I have got this (look below) !

Hehe, I also had a 486 when I was four! Then I think in '96 I got a P1 200 MHZ!

Right now I'm 14 and I have a 1.7 GHZ P4, 256 MB RAM, 60 GB Hardrive, and a Geforce 4 Ti!(Ok, I lied about the last one :p)

Anyways, about Pentium VS Athlon. I've never had a machine with an AMD chip in it. But right now, If I get a new computer I'll definetly get an AMD because they are cheaper and faster, and better for games! :D

I used my p120 system pretty hard when I had it, and it's still in use, only had to replace a fan in it when I had it. For the past 2 years I've been abusing this Celeron 533. Runs decent enough for what I do with it. Although whenever I get some cash flow going, I'll have to upgrade my motherboard and chip so I can get into some of the up and coming games being released.

I've used my fair share of both AMD and Intel systems. The only complaint that I have with Athlons is the stability (especially on VIA chipsets). Of course, my main complaint with Intel is price. Right now I'm very happy with my Intel system, but when I decide to upgrade I will compare AMD vs. Intel again and may come to a different conclusion. But that won't happen until I graduate from college in May 2003 and after I find a decent job :) .

Well I have been up for more that 12 Days now Rock solid stable.

And if you look at the following file, not bad for a 2.26GH with a stock fan under 3000RPM Temp wise.....

Originally posted by Grinder714
OK, $20 this will turn into a flame war in 15 posts or less....:rolleyes: Any takers?

*Loads gun and takes cover and gets ready for the inevitable war*

I knew I should have bet you. I need the money!!!!!:(

I'm surprised that this hasn't turned into a flame war like it usually does. I think everybody should be proud of themselves for having an actual discussion.

:D

Well, that's because certain people haven't chimed in.

And if you would have taken the bet Zoey, I would have flamed myself after the 14th post.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back