Peer 2 Peer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by luish, Mar 2, 2002.

1. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

In your opinion which is the best P2P program?
    Grokster, Morpheus, Kazza ( all the same?)
    Lime Wire, Bear Share, E-donkey?
  2. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

I prefer using kazaa, but they are all going to charge money soon because they are being sued by the court.:(
  3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

They aren't going to charge money soon because them charging money doesn't all of a sudden make them legal. And even if kazaa shuts down you can still connect to the supernodes so the court can goto hell :p
  4. westy1

westy1 Guest

5. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

Grokster & Kazza are the exact same, and they both contain SPYWARE called Cydoor
  6. toric19

toric19 OSNN Addict

Dallas, TX
    Morpheus searches the same users as Kazaa and Grokster, but WITHOUT THE SPYWAYRE! Now, i am speaking of the old version, i have not gotten this new version, which i hear they changed a bunch of stuff around and it sucks, but the old version is good, and no, Kazaa won't start charging, because they would just go out of business....look at what happened to napster, it went totally downhill.....
  7. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

the new morpheus is a ONE HUNDRED PERCENT RIPOFF

Go download Gnuclues and then download the new morpheus...they are the EXACT same program. the reason this is allowed is because now they are both licensed under the GNU license so musiccity just used the source to Gnucleus and rebranded it morpheus...that is plain wrong in my opinion

Also I have lost my love of musiccity because they have been blatantly lyign in their chatrooms

all there talk about morpheus claiming to have been DOS'ed and all that crap...what happened was Sherman Networks tweaked the Fasttrack protocol and Morpheus did not want to pay to re-license the new 1.5 version of the protocol...both grokster and kazaa paid the re-licensing fee...and the new protocol is NOT compatible with the old 1.3 protocol...hence morpheus users being locked out.

In fact did you know if you let morpheus just sit on long enough it sometimes will find a supernode still using the 1.3 protocol...but it won't have many users on it....

What it boils down to is mussicity is scared of sherman networks losing in court, didn't want to pay for a license that might go kaput so now they switched to gnutella..which in all my use has proven to not be as good as fasttrack...but thats an opinion, some people swear by gnutella

just my 2 cents
  8. C:Wow!

C:Wow! Guest

I have tried them all and they ALL dump spyware and adware on you. No argument. The only safe P-2-P I know of is WinMX. Use the others by all means, if you're prepared to install Ad-Aware and clean out all the things they installed without your permission!!!

9. _Master_

_Master_ Guest

i think direct connect is the best
  10. DarkSiege

DarkSiege Guest

Guys get Ad-ware to remove the spyware. I have tried it on Kazaa and it will stop it from functioning so don't remove spyware if you are using Kazaa.
  11. wassup_ken

wassup_ken Guest

check out these stats:
    Name Users Online
    FastTrack 925,892
    Gnutella 351,557
    iMesh 304,145
    eDonkey 109,857
    DirectConnect 72,647
    FileNavigator 16,140
    SongSpy 10,286
    Blubster 4,771
  12. C:Wow!

C:Wow! Guest

And there are thousands of misguided people drinking heavily, taking drugs and believing in gods ~ big numbers doesn't mean they're doing the right thing, it often means they don't know the full truth or implications of what they're doing ;)