PCI TV-Out card

jonifen

pffff...
Basically, I'm after a TV-Out card (if they're buyable) which will just output stuff to a TV. I'm not really after a graphics card with tv-out... I'm just interested if TV-Out cards can be bought alone, and how much they are/how good they are.

It's for my DivX Set Top Box (specs at bottom in sig). I want to keep the graphics card incase I plug in a monitor for installing bits on the box or simply maintaining it when I cant access it via VNC/RDC.

alternatively, does anyone know of any sites that would offer a wiring diagram to convert VGA to S-Video/SCART/Composite ??

which reminds me... its only to transfer picture... im running sound through a Hi-Fi

yeah you can buy a tv-tuner card... ATi builds them, they go for about $50. You can buy them at any best-buy....

its not really a tv-tuner im after... its a tv-out card... so i can use the TV as the monitor for the machine. I've seen the Trust Televiewer 1610RC which simply plugs into the graphics card's VGA output and you can switch between the TV and the monitor (although its like £50-60 which is a bit steep... I may aswell get myself a radeon 8500LE and put my old Hercules 2mx in the divx box and use the TV-Out for a few quid more)

Thanks for the ideas though... :)

try going to vcdhelp.com and posting the same question on the forum there since there are a lot of people that have those cards and can help u.

you would probably be better off goin for a video card with tv-out. you'll get better graphics for your computer and have the same features as a normal tv-out card. probably spend less money in the long run anyway

well the card is to go in my DivX STB (see spec on sig). It'll be built into a small video shaped box to go by the TV. It's for watching DivX on the TV mainly - plus because its a PC, it'll support all newer formats in the future - hence I'm not buying a DivX compatible DVD player. Nobody is going to be using the machine for anything but DivX on the TV and MP3s through the Hi-Fi's AUX facility. so I'm not really after a fantastic graphics card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back