PCI modem......wont work

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by PiCTuREm3RolLin, Aug 8, 2002.

1. I have tried to install a PCI modem right........and winxp dectects it but........the thing is, it trys to installed some PCI comunication drivers, and it just wont work proply:mad: help me

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

What is the make and model of the Modem?

3. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

I have a Motorola SM56 Data/Fax Modem on a PCI slot and it works fine . I used the Windows 2000 drivers available for it. Try installing the Win2k drivers and ignore any warnings which say that this driver is unsigned and shouldnt be installed.

4. if the drivers are on a cd then intead of running any type of install, do an update drivers from device manager and let xp search the disk for the driver it needs, find this works more often then the written installs.
    if not then there other ways force loading them

5. yeh but............i dont think it has anything to do with the modem, just my communication drivers

6. delta4s

delta4s BLACK HAWK ALOFT

But what is the make of your modem ?

7. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Yes, we need 2 know the make and model of your modem.. and just what do you mean by "it wont work properly" ?????

8. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

A modem will come up as a pci communications device, so the communications drivers are for your modem.