PCI ATA Controller Problem

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodafternoon everyone

Right, i have bought this RAID controller yesterday in hope to be able to attach another hard drive to my system (i have filled my default IDE slots). I put the PCI RAID Controller into my system and i attach the hard drive onto it. I start it up and it detects the RAID Controller and detects the hard drive on the controller.. and then thats it :confused:

On this MS-DOS Screen it just sits there with the flashing _ (underline) and does not continue to load up to windows XP Pro

Are there any reasons why this could be happening? I have the RAID controller on the very bottom PCI slot (the 5th one). Is there something i have missed out? :confused:

Thank you for your help and time

Alex :(

*my other PC specs are on my sig*

if it's raid, read the manual and get it set up, it should have it's own bios. might want to be on cable select as well.

The problem is though, is that the manual tells me to press F2 to create a RAID.. when im in the BIOS/Options for the RAID Controllers.. it doesnt do anything when i press F2.. however, i can press every other F* button.. and it goes to the necessary options. It's like its stopping me from creating a RAID :confused:

Ok, i bought an Ultra ATA 133 PCI Controller today to see if that made any different. It came up with the same problem as the RAID controller. It loaded up the ATA controller and detected the hard drive on it and it just stayed on that screen with the flashing underscore character.

I turned off the computer and took off the hard drive attached to the ATA controller and loaded it back up with just the ATA controller in it and it loaded up perfectly.. it went on that screen.. the underscore flashed once and then the windows boot screen came up

Any ideas why this is happening? :confused:

Thank you for all your help

Alex :confused:

Sounds like its being a bit of a bugger there al lol

i know if i have less than 4 devices it takes ages to get off the pci card bios ? i have no idea. my mates is set as a striped raid array on 1 drive (thats just how it figures it out i guess) i think u still got to create an array.

my cards none raid, just a pci ide 4 channel card. thats all i wanted, i use software raid in xp.

its just an ATA IDE Channel Card.. i took back the RAID one.. and i still got the same problem

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
I turned off the computer and took off the hard drive attached to the ATA controller and loaded it back up with just the ATA controller in it and it loaded up perfectly.. it went on that screen.. the underscore flashed once and then the windows boot screen came up

I have done and it worked perfectly :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back