usb short circuit well, i'm starting to learn about electronic components and was wondering if i could use a usb port to power some small device. so i did something which i shouldn't have done -- i took my voltmeter and tried to measure the voltage inside one of my usb ports. i noticed a spark in the usb port so i took the probes out and watched as my computer turned off. now my computer will not show any signs of life. no fans will start, no power led, etc. i've come to the conclusion that the short probably fried something in my computer but i'm not sure what. my motherboard is a giga-byte k8ns pro and my power supply is from a company called JustPC which i've never heard of before. i thought that there would be some sort of device that acted like a fuse to prevent these sort of things but i'm not sure if my computer has something like that. am i going to have to replace the motherboard? never again will i do something like that. i feel so dumb.