PC vs. Mac Commercials

/me foresees the brewing war, sells his stocks and heads off to the bunker :p

I was going to post is separately, but figured as its a PC vid it would fit.

Now I've one question. Is that video funny? I know that american and British senses of humour are different, but I find that video more tedious than amusing.

I thought it was pretty funny actually, I giggled a bit towards the end.

The real question is this - was that a body double or did Bill Gates really shake his rumpshaker?

I think it's creative - I have some stuff to catch up on reading but the bit about the future being delicious is a positive spin.

You don't need to slam the competition like MAC does to promote your own product.

Regardless, I enjoy both ads. Somewhat off topic but with the pending release of IE8, what it brings, as well as Google chrome and now this Microsoft ad campaign - seriously, the consumers are the winners. It's all about options and it seems like the big players are starting to care again and it's good for us!

The new Microsoft ad is horrible. Very "slow" and boring. Plus it doesn't sell anything IMO. If you didn't know who Bill Gates was (~95% of those running Windows?) you probably wouldn't even know it was an MS ad. I really feel bad for Jerry though, his career just neared the end I think accepting a script/ad like that. :(

Oh and it's Mac, not MAC, nobody cares to make a commercial about Media Access Control. :)

That was pretty good. It looked like a step up for Windows7 ...... I liked it.

a lot of people dont seem to realise that that was the first of many ads, slow and steady is the way they are going, and they are trying to portray Microsoft and Bill as human (all be it a tight ass who shops at a cheap shoe store ;)). They wont try and force anything on us till later.

Listen to the last few lines of it again, you might understand where they are going with it :)

It will be interesting to see where they go with it, at the moment it just seems a bit lacking.

You don't need to slam the competition like MAC does to promote your own product.

Mandatory Access Control
Media Access Control
Maximum Allowable Concentration
Mining Association of Canada
Military Airlift Command

Which MAC are you referring to? Please elaborate.

Yeah, yeah so I made a mistake - let's jump all over it :p

I was referring to Macintosh, sheesh :s :eek:

Migration Authentication Code
Multiplexed Analogue Components
Merchant Aircraft Carrier
Mid Air Collision...

the possibilities are endless*.

Remember we've got to be PC** about all this.

* link refers to both MAC and Mac formats of the string
* Politically Correct

You guys are missing the point, it's all about the Conquistadors...

You guys are missing the point, it's all about the Conquistadors...

I heard they run tight..

edit: for those that want to read a write up that tries to delve into the meaning/symbols of the commercial is way too deep for what this commercial is, read to your heart's content.

Mandatory Access Control
Media Access Control
Maximum Allowable Concentration
Mining Association of Canada
Military Airlift Command

Which MAC are you referring to? Please elaborate.

Meaningless Archaic Commentary

I heard they run tight..

edit: for those that want to read a write up that tries to delve into the meaning/symbols of the commercial is way too deep for what this commercial is, read to your heart's content.

That is one hell of a read. :p

****er needs to get a life!!! its just an advert for Christ sake, all that effort in explaining an ad!! Whats next hes going to explain how easy it is to have world peace :p

I thought that is was pretty well written, and actually made a lot of sense. Granted it was supposed to be funny, but the conclusions were pretty sound in my opinion. :p

I do like that Microsoft did not reduce themselves to petty insults and other immature competitive acts, like Apple does.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back