PC Tower Makeover Help

Alex_is_Axel

.:: FTPAlex ::.
Goodmorning everyone

I have recently came up with an idea to change the appearance of my very own PC. I would like to change the colour of my Tower to Black and possibly even place a few stencils of my reputation logo and possibly a slogan :p

What would be the best way of achieving this the best way (without buying a black tower :p). Its just basicly the question of whats the best paints to use (prefer to spray paint it on) and what is the best way to put it on the tower. I mean can i just spray the black paint on? or do i need to do other things too :confused:

At the moment, my tower is boring plain old white and im really bored with it :p

I hope anyone can help

Thank you for your time, i really appreciate it :cool:

Sincerly Alex :cool:

<edit> :( I think ive posted this twice sorry

Ok heres whats going to happen my old freind. First you are going to strip all the pannels you want to paint off your case chassis. This means disconnection lights and unplugging them from the front face plate. Also see if you can take the buttons out alos. Tape up everything on these parts that are not to be painted. Now your are going to get a relativly small grip sand paper. Id suggest 600-800. All your going to do is scuff the parts until all the shine is gone. You dont need to send these to bare medal just scuff them. Make sure you scuff em all the way every inch. Wipe them off wife a thinner if you have or just with a damp towl. Lay them out on some new paper in a warm wide area thats well ventilated. For straight black Id suggest just using a gloss black. High gloss if you can find it. Spray your parts in thin EVEN coats. Try to do it in three passes until the parts are all covered. Its ok that the paint is still transparent or some white shows threw the first two coats. They layered aproach will ensure the paint dries. Try to leave 30 minutes inbetween coats. to stencil or draw on this case you will need a very thin tape commonly used in auto work. This tape is very thin and alows you to curve. Its usually blue and made of plastic. Tape up everything you dont want the stencil paint to get on. Then repeat the painting stage in 3 coats. If you need some tippers with stenciling let me know.

Thank you for your help everyone

Ace123, am i able to sand paper the plastic front panel of the tower and put coats of gloss black on it? (just making sure)

You see my avatar, the white A symbol is the stencil i hopefull will be putting on the tower case *its the symbol i made by accident which i thought looks pretty kool :D*

Thank you for your help once again

Sincerly Alex:cool:

oh by the way.. here is an image of my boring tower at the moment.. sorry its alittle small :happy:

i think i have encountered a problem :(.. for what i want to spray, it is a plastic cover which clips onto the actual tower case. All the guides i have read show the cases which have metal underneath the white beige stuff but the part which i want to paint does not contain any Metal at all. Do i still sand it? or should i just spray it? :huh:

Herkalees... how did you spraypaint it? did you do anythin before you sprayed on the paint?

Originally posted by Alex_is_Axel
Herkalees... how did you spraypaint it? did you do anythin before you sprayed on the paint?

Heres what I did: Stripped everything out of the PC, seperated every little piece of plastic which was to be painted (even right down to the eject buttons on each CD drive and the floppy too), put it all in my shower and gave it a good blast with the removable shower-head thingy. Then I waited a day for it to air dry, taped it up, and without sanding went straight to the primer. I put 3 coats of primer on it, then 4 coats of the slate-blue. After the last coat of blue dried, I tossed a sticker on the top, then put on 3 coats of clear coat.

Buttoned it back up (the CD drives were a *****), reintalled all the hardware and called it a day.

ill let you know how i get on

Thank you for your help everyone :happy:

Sincerly Alex :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back