PC restarts when I open outlook 2000?

C

Caligo

Every time I open outlook, my computer restarts!! I did a scan with norton's, downloaded all updates I could find, checked the temp on everything, and I've found no problems. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks!

~GC

Are you sure it's not fast. It might be checking your mail then closing. Check your settings & make sure the box to restart is unticked or ticked. Can't remember what it should be. :confused:

where can I get to that setting? Also, it's not closing outlook, it is restarting the machine altogether. Thanks.

~GC

I'm using outlook express but ms outlook has the same setting. On mine it is in tools\options\connection. "Hang up after sending & receiving." You'll have to look around in the options for it.

I don't even get the program to load far enough to access the toolbar. It starts opening looks like it's hanging and then the computer restarts.

~GC

First try to repair ms outlook by putting the office cd in & selecting the option there.
If that does not work try this. It is for IE & OE.

first off stop the machine from restarting right click on my computer, go to properties, then the advanced tab , on the bottom the startup and recovery, look near the bottom there is a restart machine take out the check mark ....... now try outlook you should get an error message ........then try and show us that.........also did you install something new? when did it start? have you tried a system restore? roll back to a day it worked fine..... good luck

Ok, I got a blue screen stop error. It said in summary:

Problem detected, shut down to prevent damage.
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X000000D1
IdeChnDr.sys

Dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete

I haven't installed anything new since the beginning of last week.
I'll try a system restore if y'all haven't got any other suggestions. Thanks!!

~GC

Try a search. I've seen that error around here a lot.
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

_____Click_this_to_copy_this_answer_to_your_clipboard_______

You have some driver or card that needs updating.

Installing an old version of EZ CD Creator with Direct CD will cause this,

bad RAID or SCSI drivers, and other reasons

If applicable, apply the upgrade to XP downloadable from Roxio's web site.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/index.html

found this on this site >>>>>

http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message seems it is a driver of some kind that needs updating

gonna keep looking

I got it!! It was the Intel Application Accelerator. Why would it just suddenly start this garbage? Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for all the help!

~GC

Great

Good glad you got it ........ why <<<<<<<??? LOLOL well some things never change and conflicts are bound to happen but over all I gotta say XP rocks by far the best OS they have made todate......

Absolutely, I totally agree. Despite the troubles I've had over the last few weeks with it, I still think it rocks. I had it running perfectly for weeks without a shutdown or restart. Lata' y'all!

~GC

I had problems where my PC would randomly reboot. If this is just random, not only in Outlook Express I'd uncheck the following option.

Right click My Computer and go to Properties. Then go to the Advanced tab and go to the Startup and Recovery settings button and in there under "System failure" uncheck automatically restart. I think MS did something wrong when they created this option because sometimes I'd sneeze and my PC would reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back