pc power itself off

soulpeeper

OSNN Newbie
serial ch0 master no device serial ch1 master no device when turning pc on.

Tried fresh install of XP home edition sp1 recovery disk. After countless attempts to install it again and it turning itself off - furthest I get now is 34 mins left WINDOWS LOGO TESTING BOX APPEARS saying the Software for VIA BUS MASTER IDE CONTROLLER may impair its performance, choose Y or N. Whichever I choose the mouse arrow vanishes and another box comes up for the Software not passing the logo test for Standard dual channel pci ide controller. At that stage I cannot make a choice and have to switch off. Help! What can I do!

Last edited by a moderator:
try getting the latest version of via drivers from their site and try to get latest drivers from the motherboard manufactors website (i would try there first) if its a pre-built pc from dell gateway etc they have their own customized drivers

soulpeeper ... im a little lost here with your explanation. Anytime your computer is turning off something is definitely not correct.

You fail to mention your exact equipment. Are you using a raid IDE controller of some sort ... that has plugged into the PCI or PCIE slot of your mobo.

What kind of mobo?

Please list your specific equipment in the thread ... manufacturers names ..model numbers ..ect. I think with your plea the way it is ... too much is to guessing and unknowns. I think anyone with any knowlege of computers knows about updated drivers ect ... but not everyone. Seems something else it as issue here.

Do you have the original drivers diskette? Do you install the drivers using F6 when the xp installation first begins? I'm guessing thats the problem ... maybe not installing the drivers correctly ..or even at all.

Thanks for reply-Its my brothers PC. Not sure whether he has a drivers disk for it. He bought it from COMET electrical store. I have the Recovery disk for it and of course that has WINDOWS XP on it. Yeah I've noticed the request when loading up to press f6 to load up SCSI Driver if needed. On the front of the PC it says its FUJITSU SIEMENS AMD64 NVIDIA G-FORCE FX OP. SYSTEM IS WINDOWS XP and at the bottom says its 'SCALEOT'. I dont think you get a drivers disk anyway do you apart from the Printer?. Every thing else comes ready loaded. Wouldnt know where to find the number for the motherboard. Quite capable of course when machine is running windows to find that info.

if its a pre built thing i would got to fujitsu site and look under support for your pc model, they will have all the drivers for your system there

time out ..what exactly is it doing? you cant even get it installed correct? Do me a favor ..pull the lid off and look at the hard drives ... if you arent quite up to snuff on computer parts .. they generally are in the front with either a wide ribbon cable or a little red cable coming from them usually leading directly to the motherboard.

If whatever cables arent going directly to the motherboard ..then they are plgged into a card ... which you would definitely need the driver for before installation. So youd put that driver on a diskette ..and when that blue screen comes up prior to installation ..you hit f6 ..it reads the disk ... then you pick the driver to install ..after about 10 seconds or so .. you continue with the installation ..and its all good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back