Pc Keeps Restarting

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by kingsam, Nov 19, 2004.

1. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

Help,since thsi evening,when i use my card reader(on my epson cx6600),and or if i plug my digital camera in,windows says found new drive,the removal drive etc,then it says hardware installed,then the pc restarts.I was all working fine yesterday,i have xp pro sp2,NAV2005,zone alarm,and adware 1.05.Everything else works ok.Any help please....thanks :(

2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

did u just install sp2 because theres a problem with that addressed on the front page

3. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

restarting

EH?i havent got A clue what your on about mate. :confused:

4. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

Update

i got a blue screen this time with an error message:IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    STOP 0X000000A,0X0000000B0,ETC ETC
    MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.?
    I HAVE ASUS A7N8 DELUXE,3.2G ATHLON,2X512 DDR3200 COSAIR,IBM 120GB 7200 8MB,ATI 9800SE ALL IN WONDER 128MB,PIONEER 108 DVDRW,PLEXTOR CDRW,EPSON CX6600 USB,LOGITECH W/LESS KEY/MOUSE,AUDIGY 2 S/CARD.

5. he's asking if you just installed service pack 2, because some programs cause windows to restart after the installation of service pack 2. you can try uninstalling service pack 2 then uninstalling the camera and other things that are causing the computer to restart, reinstall sp2 and then reinstall the programs

might just be a memory buffer overflow

6. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

pc restarting

uninstalled sp2,reinstalled epson/camera software,checked my memory all fine,but still keeps restarting....Running out of ideas.Help. :confused:

7. Elektro Slime

Elektro Slime Harware Guru

well you could go all the way..........and reinstall XP. i didn't think so :)

hmmmm tricky problem.
    memory dump? could be a virus, but yiu say you hav naz05, may be your ram.

8. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

keeps restarting

Its not the ram,i just been i borrowed some new ddr corsair& kingston and the same thing keeps happening...I dont want to do a reinstall if poss. :confused:

9. Elektro Slime

Elektro Slime Harware Guru

hmmmm check all the settings for handling drives......how often do you update your av?

10. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

pc restarting

My nav2005 is upto date,also winxp,what do you mean settings for handling drives.....Can you explain please.thanx :confused:

11. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

kingsam, was there a driver listed in that stop message? If so that will usally give you a hint of what is causing the trouble. Here is MS help page on that stop error with some troubleshooting tips.

12. Kush

Kush High On Life!

it was a umax snaaer driver not, a camera which caused the restarts

13. no what are you talking about memory dump isn't a virus, it's a kind of overflow. Here is a definition of dump from webopedia. But you don't have to reinstall XP that would take around 30minutes or so a waste of time

14. kingsam

kingsam OSNN Addict

pc restarting

Thanks for all the advice,but i just popped in my local pc shop & asked advice,and he sugguested that i uninstall everything related to USB,so i did,and let windows reinstall all of it again....And it worked.Usb problem...never heard of that before,anyway thanks for all the advice people.Thanx :)

15. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Lucky :p USB can have problems just like anything else when it comes to computers.