pc freezes during gaming!!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by nxtno1, Dec 15, 2002.

1. nxtno1

nxtno1 Guest

Whats up, I hope someone can help me out.I have been gaming on this machine for about a year...amd 1800, visiontek geforce 4600, asus a7v266-e, 512 ocz tech 2700 ddr , IBM 100 gig about 1 month old, I have the latest drivers for my video and the via chipset, my temps are fine, i am playing mohaa spearhead and ut2003 they started freezing after about 5 minutes of play and I cant figure it out . Is my video card goin bad ?I would appreciate any help thanks

2. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

do you have the updates for the games ?

3. nxtno1

nxtno1 Guest

Yeah I have all the patches and I have uninstalled and reinstalled both games

4. nxtno1

nxtno1 Guest

my pc freezes during games!!!!!

i have a amd 1800xp visiontek geforce 4 4600 512 ocztech ram asus a7v266-e all drivers are current , I play ut2003 and mohaa spearhead and about a week ago my pc freezes after about 5 mins of play. I would appreciate some help thanks

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

The CPU might be overheating, check the temperatures.

Also, do you have all the correct drivers for the video card?

Are the games in need of patches?

6. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

only on these games ? [ if so tried to reinstall one of them ? ]

7. nxtno1

nxtno1 Guest

I have all the patches for the games and the latest drivers for the VC and the via chipset my cpu temp is 117 118 most of the time I have reinstalled the games twice they are the only ones i have on my pc right now

8. the_tazinator

the_tazinator Are we there yet?

Have you done your windows update? Microsoft release a update for games freezing during video playback. Patch 327979

9. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

That might just help. Useful link :)

10. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Don't double post please

It is annoying, and people have to do the same work over twice. Choose either hardware or games.

11. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Threads Merged

nxtno1: You only need to post you question once in one forum. If you're not sure which to post it in, choose one. If it's incorrect a mod will move it to the correct forum.

12. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Have you tried using older drivers for your video card? Sometimes when people upgrade to the latest and greatest driver they experience problems.

13. G|ass

G|ass Guest

I had a problem with freezing on my geForce4 and going into the BIOS and disabling the SDRAM 1T Command fixed it for me. If you don't have that option try disabling some RAM options and see if that helps. Also look for an updated BIOS for your video card and update Windows too with Windows Update.

14. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Thank you Jewelzz.