patition magic or patition panic?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by paul_43, Sep 29, 2002.

1. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

hey guys,
    I never used patition magic b4... but 3 days ago, I tried it... I am pretty sure what I did was right... I mean how can you go wrong with that Easy to use and User friendly program. It's nice... very nice program just by looking at it. Then I used it to resize one of my drive and combined another two drives together.... after a while... I got it done... but then I go and see what has really happened... it seems that it did the job right... but it put a folder in a drive that I combined with to represent the other drive... that's fine.. then I try to move all files in that folder out and delete that folder.... I won't delete.. no matter what I try... I use a few delete program ... and still won't... and that's not the only thing.... It also randomly set some of my file's file size to 0. which means it randomly erase some of the contents of my files... is it **** or what?
  2. djmorgan

djmorgan OSNN Addict

PM7 works fine for most of us..... I think

The only time it should be creating folders is when it is moving data in a resize and the data has not been specified as to how it was to be moved.

I'm sorry I use PM7 a lot and have nothing but praise for the programme
  3. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

L'Ile Perrot Quebec
    same here

sorry you got troubles but I have used that program many times and its very good ....
  4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    That's why it says 'backup first'. :(
  5. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

catchy title
  6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    i have had no problems ever with pm 7, you can try if pm 8 is working better for you...
  7. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

This happened to me

if you've got a System Volume Information folder in there its now protected

I never did find a way to get rid of it :(

all I could do was hide it & ignore it

8. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

I am using PM8 .. maybe the newer version is actually a buggy program..
  9. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

The Netherlands
    If I understand it correctly, you mapped the 'old' partition to a folder? If that's so, you can't just delete the folder. Just must delete the partition or map with PM. I will be getting PM8 in a few weeks (I get it free with a subscription to a magazine:D), so I can't check it out for you.
  10. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

I end up formatting the patition then the folder is gone... and put my files back.. and now works properly...