PatchXP, our official uxtheme.dll patcher

then andyp must have fixed it cause he told me it could have possible problems on oem installs, but that was when it first came out.

good deal then

cool.gif

I read that in andyp's tutorial & thought what the hell, too much mucking around changing names. Crossed the fingers, ran the patch, rebooted & it worked. Been using it now for a few months so it must be ok. :D

Alright, I just tried it...
I have a new Dell 8200 with XP Home OEM installed, and downloaded/installed the SP1.
Uninstalled StyleXP, rebooted, ran the patchxp and rebooted....
On bootup, I got the 'unable to load explorer.exe because of missing uxtheme.dll file' etc....
I pressed Cntrl-Atl-Del and the Processes tab. Clicked 'File', 'New Task', and used that Windows Explorer to find the andyp Patchxp.exe and ran the uninstall - then rebooted again - now I'm back to where I began....

yep, 1.01 (according to the Readme file). I also have build 1106. I think the problem is that I have 3 uxtheme.dll files. One under Windows\system32 and one under Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386
and one under
Windows\system32\dllcache
Both files were renamed to .bak or bak1 before I did the uninstall.

I guess not all OEM's are created equal

oh that was weak

cool.gif

I have SP1 installed, and XP pro (purchased). When I run PatchXP and press reboot..

double click NOIR.msstyles

this is what it looks like...

sorry if this has been explained before (couldnt find it in the thread)...

[edit]Unpatch, then re-Patch it :rolleyes: [/edit]

where can i download the proggie ? the link on the first page is dead :(

ok, this is all good and well, but where can I find themes to download? All I find everywhere is themes for different window managers, wich can't be what I'm looking for?

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I still find nothing but schemes for LiteStep etc, somebody got a direct link to themes usable with the prog discussed in the thread?

problem uxtheme.dll

First I want to say that I enjoy the themes available. Had some problems with theme patcher. Running XPSP1 and theme works fine, but noticed that I can't open add/remove programs in control pannel which is apparently linked to the new (for sp1) set program access program defaults. anyone else?

Hello, I have a Dell laptop and it's only a couple months old. The exe program didn't work so I used winrar to unload the files to get the .dll that way. Then I tried to put it into windows/system32. Windows said it was being used already. So I booted into the dos prompt. That said it was being used. So then I booted in with the windowsXP cd and used the command line there to transfer in the dll and it finally let me. YAY! it worked. Sort of. The themes work but it won't do the task bar or start menue. They are in the windows 98 look. : ( I tried changing to the generic winXP theme. . still the 98 look on the task bar and the start menue. Has anyone fixed this problem and if so what is the solution?

theme patch isn't working. It was working for a day but after i opened the computer this morning my theme wasn't there and i had it on original xp one. I installed it again to make sure it was still there. then when i clickedo n my visiaul style file in windows/resources it opened up that panel tab called "appearance" and it used to just open it up to the theme tab. could anyone help?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back