***** Passwords

If those programs are illegal, then why are companies making them and charging for them? :eek: I mean that's like posting a link to CloneCD and saying it's illegal.

Originally posted by shannong
You mods are hilarious. You're like supercops that have nothing to do. (But you do have the power-hehe). Read his question again and maybe you'll figure out he wants access to his own passwords. This is why there is so much anger toward Bill Gates, because he feels that we are all criminals waiting for a chance to steal something. Virtually any program can be used for illegal purposes but you should always give the person the benefit of the doubt before convicting them. All of you, Please. Get out more. Blak-N-White: I wll post something that might help you but the self-important mods will probably remove it and this post. Lots of Luck. Its called viewkeyxp.

You know I think it's hilarious that you think the way you do. For instance, as you so elequently put it, us "supercops", we have a lot to do. We have to be watching hundreds of threads, thousands of posts and weeding out all the Bull Sh*t. Secondly, Yes virtually any Program can be used for illegal porposes. That's why us "supercops" have to check everything out. Blak n Wite's question is a valid one but who's to say anyone else posting here is not going to use it in an illegal manner. And as for "self-important mods", what the fu** would you do if you were a mod??? Hmmm???... Maybe let everything go unchecked??? A lot of times it's a judgement call, other time it's an all out blatant disregard for the Forums Guidelines. We are here first because we like this Forum. Second, I guarantee you I get out more than you. Virtually all of us "supercops" have other thing to do than to have to wipe your young behinds. But Hey, we all got something to say. If you want to be safe and not let anyone that will use the proggy for anything but seeing their own passwords then PM it to them. And if you don't care who gets it and uses it then that is irresponsible and that is why we're here... Us "supercops"-"self-important mods" as you put it. Enjoy the Forum, One of us is always watching. :D

BTW If you read all of Blak n Wite's posts, the first one states:

Originally posted by Blak n Wite
What are some good programs for looking through ***** passwords? As in the ones found at some login websites, for some programs, etc, so I can see what I'm typing lol.

Heh thanks :p

Hmmmmm... Why doesn't he just write them down every time he sets a password on a new site???

lol I don't want to do any cracking, hacking or whatnot :p I just want to see passwords that were saved in IE, and see which password I used for that particular account on that website.

Again, why doesn't he just write them down every time he sets one on a new site???

I register accounts with several different e-mail addresses, so it would be inconvenient to check every e-mail address to find out which one is the correct one.

Again, why doesn't he just write them down including the e-mail every time he sets a password on a new site???

Or he could use Mozilla 1.0 or 1.1. It has a Password Manager. It will save the password of every site he has logged a pasword with, if he wants it to. And if he really needs to see them, WRITE THEM DOWN.

he may not want it 4 iligal purposes,but could if he wanted,sum 1 post's the link,outhers abuse it.

the forum rules are clear on this type thing. (i.e NO)

u should b able 2 email em 2 find out ur password.

Actually I disagree with the 'supercops' on this.

Think about this: How can you use a *****-password recovery program illegally? Becouse if you are trying to gain access to something you weren't suppose to see, and you can actually see the password, becouse it's stored in the password box, all you need to do is click on login.

I too have struggled with all the passwords, logins and stuff I have on various sites. I don't think it is against the forum guidelines to post something like this. And as for writing passwords down, k'mon, who does that? I'm too lazy to write it down, and the risk that someone will find the paper you wrote it on is far more greater that someone will use a password recovery program on your PERSONAL pc to retrieve it. Don't you agree Gonaads?

Every time you are choosing a password for something very 'For Your Eyes Only' stuff the program or the site you're using is explicitely telling you NOT to write it down. Not all of them, but still...

No offence, but I think this thread is OK with guidelines.

Greetz

Lukas

PS as for the future, Blak n Wite, just google 'Password Recovery Tools'. You'll find something anyways...

Greetz,

L

Think about this: How can you use a *****-password recovery program illegally? Becouse if you are trying to gain access to something you weren't suppose to see, and you can actually see the password, becouse it's stored in the password box, all you need to do is click on login.

And if you hop on a machine that isnt secured properly or a shared machine you could use such a tool to gather the password.

I too have struggled with all the passwords, logins and stuff I have on various sites. I don't think it is against the forum guidelines to post something like this. And as for writing passwords down, k'mon, who does that? I'm too lazy to write it down, and the risk that someone will find the paper you wrote it on is far more greater that someone will use a password recovery program on your PERSONAL pc to retrieve it. Don't you agree Gonaads?

Well if you cant keep track of your passwords and believe me it is simple (you are on a computer) You could use several programs out there that will remember your password or you could to the unthinkable like copy and paste it from say, notepad.

Every time you are choosing a password for something very 'For Your Eyes Only' stuff the program or the site you're using is explicitely telling you NOT to write it down. Not all of them, but still...

And no offence to you, but you are not a moderator so it is not up to you.

you know, speaking of doing illegal things with programs, i think that the viewkeyxp.zip file should be removed!

IF you have an illegal copy of XP, you cant install service pack one! BUT if you were to send this little viewkeyxp.zip program to some poor unsuspecting user, or hack into their machine and execute it, you would have a valid XP key, change your key and voila!

you have a 'legal' version on which to install SP1.

now hows THAT for looking at thread from a different angle?

ps i wouldnt condone this in any way shape or form!

BlacknWhite is talking about a PERSONAL pc. So shares, or improper security settings.... hmmm, we're getting far from home here.

I'm using a password management program now. I got wiser.

As for your last reply: It's not up to me to DECIDE if this topic should be closed, censored, or whatever, but still I'm in title of my opinion. And I still think that mods are making it far worse then it's actually is. That's also my personal opinion.

No offence taken.

Lukas

And I voiced my opinion also...

This thread is running along a thin edge. I dont want things in here that violate forum guidelines. If anyone cant follow these simple rules then this thread will be closed.
Please get it back on topic.

woohoo,
looks like I realy got under "gonaads" skin. so to speak. Ya know Gonaads, responses like yours really make it all worthwhile. I even made you say a few curse words. Hey PseudoKiller(what a stupid name???)If you close this thread I know we will all have learned our lesson and we'll never do it again. lol. If your gonna close it, just close and quit talking about it. Like I said "Your all powerful, right" Everybody needs one place in the world where they call the shots. I aplogize to all the normal people for this rant. I just think its wrong to treat somebody as if they are doing something wrong until you know. 9-11 has got me all worked up. Its all about Freedom.

Originally posted by Lukas

If it was used on someone elses machine or even on a machine in a shop, the CDkey could be stolen by someone who doesn't even own the software.

I agree that this thread did have no reason to be shut but there seems to be the odd bit of flaming here, and I can't even be bothered to read it...

This thread has gone well off-topic and although the supercops might be wrong (not in my opinion, I am the superdoopercop, so get over your whining.

shannong, ,don't even start flaming peoples names (yours rhymes with dong)

Time for another beer. And don't blame 9/11.. I have lived in the fear of terrorsim for years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back