Password For Repair

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by bill g, Feb 11, 2003.

1. bill g

bill g Guest

I'm trying to do a Repair with the XP Pro CD and when it gets to the "Enter Admin Password" in the console it won't take my pw, and I'm admin. I went to User setup and changed my admin pw but syill no go.
    Anyone know where the Console pw is set?
    thanks,
    bill g

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Sorry bud, you may be telling the truth and I don't doubt it, however, your not going to get help here doing that. Can't help you bypass a password for this or any other software, it's the rules.

sorry

[​IMG]

3. bill g

bill g Guest

My name is Bill, not Bud.
    I'm not trying to bypass anything, or break any site rules. I can log onto the XP machine and my LAN, etc as admin. What I'm trying to do is see if I can fix some kind of LAN browse problem on that machine w/o reinstalling XP.
    For example, if I drag a file out of one explorer window to another it either locks explorer or does nothing. If I right click a file the context menu is very slow to come up, and I've used my *registered* version of contextedit to cull most all entries.
    I did a sys restore to my oldest, 10 days, point and this didn't fix it. I ran sfc. Nothing found. So I figured rather than starting over I'd see if the repair console would see anything.
    And if that didn't work I'd see if there was something in the switch.
    thanks,
    bill g

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Like I said, I understand what your trying to do, and I also understand the rules for this forum, I can't tell you where the password is stored or how to get around it so you can do a repair job.

sorry Bill

[​IMG]

5. bill g

bill g Guest

6. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Well maybe you didn't assign a password at all? Try no password... remember its the password for the account administrator, not for A account with administrators access. Just give that a try...:confused: