partition size

i would give 20gig for windows and programs together. i dont see having programs in a different partition has a significant improvement.
also 10gig for your photoshop
and 20 gig for music (WMA) and videos (DivX) but i will burn them to CDRs occasionally. move the My Documents music folder to the partition using TweakXP :)
and 10gig for Software downloads but also will burn them to CDRs.

Not disagreeing, nor wanting to begin a debate on this subject, just offering my setup along with all the other suggests made here.

I use 6GB for my os, all my programs, and 576MB pagefile. Never noticed significant improvements doing it any other way..and I've tried just about every conceivable combination.

My other 20GB are given to one other partition for everything I don't want to loose if I do a clean install.

I'm not real fond of the idea of putting installed programs on another partition (maybe I'd do it with Photoshop, as suggested) only because if I re-install, I have to re-install all my programs anyway. And my only reason for having two partitions is so I won't loose certain things if I re-install. Never noticed any performance gains from having two partitions, either.

But that's me. Everyone is different. I'd suggest experimenting for yourself...although, that can be a long drawn out process.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back