Partition Magic 7

W

WiredBrain

I'm running Win XP Pro with 2 partition, C drive with 18.1 GB and d drive with 0.5 GB. I wanted to enlarge the D drive to 1 GB. My questions :

1. Will PM 7 works in Win XP Pro or only the newer version, 8.0 will work ?

2. I've files (430 MB) in D drive. Can I enlarge it without removing the files in it ? :huh:

O OH!
I'm pretty sure pm7 will work with ntfs. Can't check cause I don't have it loaded at the moment but I have made changes. It will make the d drive larger without the need for you to move any files but make sure you have the boot floppies created just in case something goes wrong.

Seeing as it is only 430mb of files why not move them to c drive, wipe them from d drive then replace them when done? Should make the resizing a bit quicker because it can be slow going if files have to be moved by pm. Have you thought about making d drive bigger than 1 gig for future use?

PM7 does support NTFS, i know it for sure. And you dont have to move your 430 mb. Just let PM do the work and everything will go fine. But be sure to have the 2 floppy's if something go wrong.

1) PM 7 works just perfect with XP and NTFS
2) Yes, you can resize the partition with the files in there ... no probs.

:)

THANK YOU x1000 for all the helps. I'll do the enlargement later and let you all know the result.

PS I'll make it a 1.5 GB partition.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back