Partition Magic 7

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by WiredBrain, Dec 11, 2002.

1. WiredBrain

WiredBrain Guest

I'm running Win XP Pro with 2 partition, C drive with 18.1 GB and d drive with 0.5 GB. I wanted to enlarge the D drive to 1 GB. My questions :

1. Will PM 7 works in Win XP Pro or only the newer version, 8.0 will work ?

2. I've files (430 MB) in D drive. Can I enlarge it without removing the files in it ? :huh:

2. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i dont think PM7 supports NTFS

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

O OH!
    I'm pretty sure pm7 will work with ntfs. Can't check cause I don't have it loaded at the moment but I have made changes. It will make the d drive larger without the need for you to move any files but make sure you have the boot floppies created just in case something goes wrong.

Seeing as it is only 430mb of files why not move them to c drive, wipe them from d drive then replace them when done? Should make the resizing a bit quicker because it can be slow going if files have to be moved by pm. Have you thought about making d drive bigger than 1 gig for future use?

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

PM7 does support NTFS, i know it for sure. And you dont have to move your 430 mb. Just let PM do the work and everything will go fine. But be sure to have the 2 floppy's if something go wrong.

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

1) PM 7 works just perfect with XP and NTFS
    2) Yes, you can resize the partition with the files in there ... no probs.

:)

6. WiredBrain

WiredBrain Guest

THANK YOU x1000 for all the helps. I'll do the enlargement later and let you all know the result.

PS I'll make it a 1.5 GB partition.