Palmino Question

Anakist

Way too much time here...
I bidded on a 2000 Pal before I knew it was a pal. What am I likely to get as an OC on this? As soon as I can, I am buying a TbredB 2200 so OC isn't an issue as yet, I am just curious. I know they are crap, but what are some numbers??

James

1.8ghz but witha volcano 11 heatsink and a tornado fan on it, it still hit 60 and that was my limit

Hmmm. I think I will run it stock then. It is really hot here during summer, so I think I will leave it.

Thanks.

James

Originally posted by Anakist
Hmmm. I think I will run it stock then. It is really hot here during summer, so I think I will leave it.

Thanks.

James

here, everyday that hot!!! errr... !!!

Originally posted by canadian_divx
1.8ghz but witha volcano 11 heatsink and a tornado fan on it, it still hit 60 and that was my limit

60 ! :eek:

dang... I oc my 1900+ to 1800mhz and my temp is barely over 40C...

just make sure anakist that you have appropriate cooling :)

a good swiftech cooler will pay dividends due to low noise/good cooling...

if you are looking to oc alone... stick with perhaps the t'bred b you are getting... the pally's you have to get lucky with sometimes... though I certainly think 1.8ghz is a very achievable clock :D

Bretenn, where are you from? I am in tropical australia, and in a basin like LA, so It get really hot and humid here.

Sazar, I have a millennium 7727 case and it looks pretty good for cooling. I am going to put a fan on one side and ther are two spaces for exhaust fans plus the PSU one. I might cut a hole on the bottom of my PSU and put a small 60mm maybe fan in there.

James

Bretenn, where are you from? I am in tropical australia, and in a basin like LA, so It get really hot and humid here.
MALAYSIA.... :D

I might cut a hole on the bottom of my PSU and put a small 60mm maybe fan in there.
just some cooling advise... if you can, put an 80mm or 92mm fan in there. the bigger the better. a bigger fan will move more air and make the same amount of noise as a smaller fan. or the bigger fan can move the same amount of air and make less noise. :)

Yeah I am just thinking in general terms at the moment. Found a space in the front for a 120mm intake fan so that will be the first one to go in.

James

but just rember that it can only get as cold as the room temp, that is why when it gets hot as hell here we have centrial air to make it nice and cold LOL

but yea if you want a nice cooling with basicaly a stock fan use electrothermic cooling, they are at a good price now in most places and it can put it down to like -6

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back