Pagefile question

Originally posted by bluzeboy
rich-i read your pagefile question,and i have unchecked protected operating system files.but it still shows no results when i search for pagefile.sys
thats the problem i am having!

in addition, pagefile problems like this have been resolved for some people with an intel processor by installing the Intel Application Accelerator.

I am an amd user, so this wasn't my issue, but it might be yours

Under older versions of Windows, you used to be able to just move the pagefile over to a new partition, reboot, then defrag the C:\ drive, then move the pagefile back again following another reboot. This would have the same effect as copying to clean diskspace. This would work without incident providing there is no disk corruption.
I've never needed to use 3rd party apps to defrag the swap/page file, but that's 'cos my fragmentation is never that great as I have the pagefile on it's own partition.
I reiterate; this may/may not work as I've never tested it under XP, and many things have changed over the last few years. Anyone remember having to run defrag twice under 95 so as not to screw FAT1 & FAT2 up? lol....Good Luck :)

thanks dealer perfect disc did the trick

Un4gIvEn1-you were a big help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back