Pagefile not staying put

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all

Got this email:

It seems that every time I start the computer up, I get an error message window that pops up and tells me that I have no paging file or it is set too low. No matter how many times I go into the Advanced options and change it or specify a custom value, upon restarting, it continues to display the same message and seems to not apply the changes to the system.

Can any one help me out here? I was hoping I could fix this issue without having to reinstall XP on top of itself (via XP Repair).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

All I can think of is make sure to click on the SET button as otherwise the amount you set (if you just click on OK) will not take affect.

I had a problem of this sort a while back, i was told to post a highjack this log and people here fixed it.
I think i had it again as well, but changing the setting worked.

I have 768MB RAM (512+256)

It resets itself back to 0 (zero) no matter what I change it's value to. Yes, I click set everytime I change the value and apply changes.

Heeter

If you have the pagefile on a secondary disk (first, don't tell Perris... ) I think the setting reverts to zero on the primary.

However, I don't think that's your issue.... researching...

Mastershakes brings up a decent point, how about a screenie of his configuration which would show the drive(s) it's configured to.

Also, see if the change will stick if set in the registry. Start, Run, Regedit...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double-click PagingFiles, the entry should appear as

C:\pagefile.sys xxx xxx

With the first value being location, second being minimum size and third being maximum size. Change the values accordingly, reboot and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back