Page file gone, post services tweak!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Noc, May 15, 2002.

1. Noc

Noc Guest

I changed some services, mostly set a bunch of them to manual. Thing is none of them said anything about the page file being affected. Yet apon reboot.................I no longer have a page file and ven after I go and manually set the page file size and reboot.......I still have no page file!! Yes complete with error message. says no page file or page file is too small. Any ideas which service I screwed up to make this happen?

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Only suggestion I have is a system restore.

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

That can't be good. xsiv said it right, system restore or start fresh.

4. Sm|th 6th

Sm|th 6th Guest

ok this might sound too simple... but when you change the pagefile... there is a little button that says "set" you have to hit that first b4 you hit ok. I apologize if this comes across as insultingly easy :D but I speak from experience... lol

5. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

And have you tried setting your services back to their original settings (word of advice any time you change something like bios settings, defaults, services, always write down the original values)

6. Noc

Noc Guest

Yes.I put them back and its still happening. I don't think its the services now. It has to be somethingelse. But where do I start?
    Could drivers be the problem? What are all the things that can cause this problem? Where can I find such an answer?