PA ppl need some advice

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Maveric169, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

I have just been offered a new job in Horsham PA, but I know nothing out PA. If any members live arround that area could you pass on some info as to good places to live. My main concerns are crime in the area and cost of housing (apartment).

Thanks

2. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

what part of the state is it in? Im' a westerner, and the cost of living here is SO LOW. One of the lowest in the country. I usually tell people that the cold kinda sucks, but.. ehh, you are from greenbay, so I will just say "It's WARM here". I don't know much about the eastern side, over by philly, but the pittsburgh area can be nice.

3. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

It brings up the really annoying interactive pages on sky digital

4. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Horsham is nice place. I live 5 mins away from Horsham in Warminster. It is both an upper middle class and working class area. Not to many bad areas. Just some areas that are not the best places. Now the big question, since youre from WI. Are you an Eagles fan or a Packers fan. More info to follow... depending on your answer. muahahaha :D

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

That's dangerous ground you're treading PK

6. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Don't know anything about PA, just wanted to say "congrats" on the job offer. :)

7. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

We will see on Sunday... :cool:

8. Vector

Vector Virtual Stud

9. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Congrats on the job... What kind of job is it ??

10. Maveric169

Thanks for the info PK, I will have to look you up when I get out there, maybe you can show me arround:) But I am sorry to say I am neither a packer fan or an Eagles fan..lol Cowboys!!! (well at least about 5 years ago anyway)

My new job is a telecommunications Engineer but is directed to the provisioning, analyst, project manager side of things. So it should be interesting as I have mainly been on the other side (the technician side) of the equasion.

11. Vector

Vector Virtual Stud

A Cowboys fan? Man, are you moving to the wrong part of the country.
    :D

Hope you have life insurance. :p

12. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

oh he has nothing to worry about. we dont consider dallas a threat anymore. :D

13. Maveric169

:) Well I am finally here in Horsham, PA. Well actually I have been here since Tues. but this has been the first chance I have really had to get on the boards. Horsham seems like a pretty nice place, still trying to learn my way arround, and re-adjusting to the heavy traffic again.

Just thought I would update my post. I might get brave and try to goto the car show in Philly next weekend for something to do. So if any locals are going let me know, maybe we could all go together. God knows I don't know my way arround......lol

14. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

Hope the new job, and neighbourhood work out for ya m8 ;) :D

15. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

I wish you were from down south or something so I could say "Welcome to PA, hope you like the weather" but... well, greenbay... yeah...

16. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Hope the new house and all works out well Maverick169, that was always the thing that made moving easier, if you liked the house, and settled into that well then you were more likely to settle into the place and with the people.

17. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Good to see your starting to settle in Maveric :D

18. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

Haha,
    Thats weird dude, I work in Horsham as well as a telecommunications engineer (techie), only i work in Horsham in the UK.

But the really weird thing is that im leaving my Job too to work in a pre-sales role, still with telecomms too.

Small world.

19. Maveric169

LMAO, What a small world it is indeed TheBlueRaja! Well I am not actually "moved" to PA, I am on a contract job for at least 4-6 weeks with the possibility of going permanent. I am filling in for a person that is going in to have surgery next week. So I am living in an ExtendedStay Hotel, well at least till my savings runs out :( , hopefully I will be able to hold out till I get my first paycheck on the 15th:rolleyes: .

But I found the basic's while getting myself lost, lol, a grocery store, gas station, a mall, and a car wash.:D