P3 Overclocking Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cyber_Trooper, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Hey ppl, i was wondering how much u think i could o.c my cpu, any ideas on how to get it to go past 1ghz??

I overclockin my p3 933 the other day and the most i could get it to go up to was 980 mhz using EasyTune III which was supplied on the motherboard's installation cd. I'm using a Socket 370 Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ motherboard. EasyTune goes from 933mhz straight to 980mhz then straight to 1080 mhz or something close to that. I tried changing the jumpers on the mobo to set it for a 1ghz cpu but i got an error screen saying:

After this i changed back to 980mhz and everything seemed ok, does anyone know what i could do o'c my p3 to 1 ghz??

Thanks in advance :)
  2. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

You probably need to increase your cpu voltage. Do so in smallest increment possible. Also, if sucessful monitor temp:D
  3. deesnuts

deesnuts Guest

if i rember the P3 were multiplyer locked you can only increase the FSB for it to overclock any way

also those were not very overclockable, they were getting close to the hightest that the coppermine core could handle
  4. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

If it's "locked" it can be "unclocked"... :D
  5. deesnuts

deesnuts Guest

i don't rember how on a P3

all the 933 that i saw only overclocked to 1 gig and that was one in an 1000
  6. Yeah, i was increasing the fsb, i got it to 140mhz, the next step was 150 but it couldnt take it :(

I tried SoftFSB but i didnt see that it supported my motherboard.

I did see that on overclockers.com's cpu database the average overclock for people with my cpu achieved 1ghz. Ah well, gotta upgrade ;)
  7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    and fsb speed of 140 to 150 is too big of a jump. you can't simply go into the bios and make it 143 or whatever you want? is it an hp or compaq or sum'm?