P2P Program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, May 10, 2005.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

What do you think is the best P2P Program?

What's your favorite, comments....

2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Emule, Limewire Pro, Azureus, Ftp Servers ... After about ten years of research, and using the biggest crapware on the market (ie, bareshare, winmx, etc) I can come to this conclusion. I still say that nothing will ever beat what Napster and Scour were .. There will never be anything that comes close to what they were ...

3. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

Kitties trained to break into ppl's houses and swipe harddrives out of computers. J/k :p

Seriously I don't believe in using p2p software. There's too many risks with getting malware (either from malicious ppl loading it up onto the network, or stuff bundled in with the p2p proggie) from their use to justify being bothered with em.

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Before I started getting downloads off newsgroups, I used Bittorrent. Newsgroups is easier and it's a lot nicer (for me, anyway) to download at 600k a second and not worry if you have enough people to download from.

Tuffgong4 likes this.
  5. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

6. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

i dont have anyproblems with that stuff and ive ben p2p for many years. Just gotta know where to get reliable "stuff" :)

7. 762x51

762x51 168gr BTHP

Soulseek for me.

8. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

bittorrent. to get more reliable stuff...bad stuff doesn't last long to download cause it just dies off

9. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

I tend to be a total control freak when it comes to my computer(or anything related to my computer). So I don't like keeping anything on it which I know has spy/adware in it or that can lead to that kind of stuff finding its way onto my computer. So I don't bother with anything like that anymore. I have tried several in the past but quickly removed them either cuz I couldn't connect to anything with them(and yes I did remember to connect to the internet before trying them), or they contained a load of crapware in them and I didn't like the fact that stuff was on my comp.