P2P applications

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by paul_43, Aug 15, 2002.

1. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

I used Napster, old version of morpheus.. they are great.. fast download speed. ( I know Napster is not peer 2 peer ). But now.. I tried Kazaa, XoloX, morpheus ... and some other p2p softwares.. and if I am lucky enough to find a file I am after... it will only download at < 1kb per second... I have a LAN... is that the reason that it's downloading at this speed?? it doesn't seem like working well with LAN... any solutions?? or it is slow for everyone?? I don't have firewall on and I have cable connection.
  2. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

but always <1kb ... never go faster then 2 kb ... I used to have more then 150k .....
  3. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Arizona near the Grand Canyon
    well I think that problem is related to the type of protocol they use. I would suggest winmx if u really into p2p stuff. as I've heard its about the best
  4. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

I use DC++, Really Good and KaZaA Lite + Diet K of course.

IGUANAS Guest

but the best for movies and software is edonkey
    "advertise : NOT FOR NEWBIES"
  6. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Amstelveen, The Netherlands
    I use Kazaa lite with the Speed up tool. Works great for me. :D
  7. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

Yeah, WinMX is the best p2p, especially for music. I've tried pretty much everything and I came back to WinMX.

I have essentially the same config as you, and have never had any problems like you're describing, though I never did get very good speeds on kazaa or xolox.

My suggestion: Give WinMX a try and see if there's a problem there too.
  8. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

ahh i hate winmx.. i hate p2p actually
  9. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

I tried WinMx last night... same.. and it said it can't recieve TCP package... but should work ok.... it said.. slow anyway.. whole night couldn't download a song... that's how slow it was...
  10. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

I miss the old Morpheus and Napster... they worked great.. there may be a problem with my config on the network... but not sure what... any idea?