Overclocking

S

silky62678

What is a good tool for overclocking a Gforce4 420 ?

nvhardpage or geforce tweak UI. They also have lots of other fun toys included.

NOW THE WARNING!

Video cards are a lot less tolerant of being pushed than MB RAM or CPU's. You could fry the card. I know of 3 nvidia cards for sure that were fried by overclcoking. That's $600 total lost. Some manufacturers claim to be able to tell if the card was overclcoked (maybe, maybe not, no way to be sure) and will not honor warantee.

Good luck.

nvidia's detonator drivers have overclocking capability built into them. you just need to unlock it with the coolbits registry key:

overclock.txt

whatever you do, don't attempt to run at the same speed mine is!

start slowly... move up the core 5mhz, apply, and benchmark. then do it again. until you the benchmark crashes or you see weird things popping up. then back it down to the last setting it was fine at.

then do the same with memory. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back