overclocking an ati video card..

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by a dreams forever, Jun 17, 2006.

1. a dreams forever

a dreams forever OSNN Addict

is it a good idea? i have an ati radeon x1300 pro 512 mb.. would i see a huge difference if i overclock this? or is it not even worth doing?

2. Scott Young

Scott Young Real picture of me

At most you'd see a 10fps difference. If its actively cooled(FAN), then you might be able to get a good overclock. I dont know how X1000 series cards overclock, but you might be able to do better.

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

ATI Catalyst Drivers have built in over clocking for the X1000 series cards. Run Catalyst (Advanced) and you will see the option. Unlock the option and give it a go.

4. pokerblogger

pokerblogger OSNN Addict Folding Team

I had stability issues when trying to OC my X1900 . . . let us know how this works out for you.

5. a dreams forever

im in advanced. dont see an option anywhere to overclock.

6. a dreams forever

looks like my card isnt supported

7. drummer4lifex

drummer4lifex OSNN Junior Addict

You guys all need to download ATiTool! I've used it ever since I've started overclocking video cards and it works like a charm. It will even monitor your GPU temps and voltages (pokerblogger, increase your voltages a notch, and see if your card is still unstable). Also, I would get the latest Catalyst drivers (6.6) because that could have caused some instability issues. 6.5's sucked!