Overclocking a P4, 1.4ghz

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by camarophreak, May 7, 2002.

1. camarophreak

camarophreak Guest

OK guys. Have looked all over the net to find a straight answer to my question. Can I and if so, how to overclock my P4 1.4 GHz system.

P4 1.4 HGz, Socket 423
    ECS, M921LR MotherBoard
    640 MB SDRAM
    2-80mm Blowholes on top, 3 80mm on back, 1 80mm in front, 1 80mm blowing over CPU inside case, 1 120mm on CPU

Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
  3. camarophreak

camarophreak Guest

They wouldn't help me either. That site sux a$$!!
  4. camarophreak

camarophreak Guest

Well, I decided to go into the BIOS and try some things myself. And I got it to work. I figured if I changed the FSB to 110, it would do something. So I got it to go to 1540 from 1400 (14 Multiplier x 110 FSB). And its stable and no heat increase. I may try and go a little more today. But I don't know how far to go?

Anyway, thanks for all your help anyway!!
  5. computer-x

computer-x Guest

6. tastingw

tastingw Guest

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

New York
    Hey camarophreak what mobo are you using. I have an MSI 6339 and I can only change my voltage/frquency not the bus :( . Any one have any ideas? Yeah I did up the frequency from 14 to 15 but it was stilled locked at 1400.
  8. camarophreak

camarophreak Guest

I'm using the ECS M921LR, I'm using this cause it supports SDRAM and the 423 socket CPU. I want to get the Abit BW7, which supports them both as well.

Just change the FSB and then you can overclock your P4. What speed P4 you have?
  9. bheagle

bheagle Guest

I'm glad to see a P4 user overclock.... since your up to 1540 try for 1600 then you'll be as fast as a AMD 1 ghz...LOL

(just kidding):D