Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Code_Cutter, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Code_Cutter

Code_Cutter Guest

Could anybody tell me which files Outlook uses to store such item data as, inbox, outbox, address book etc. I am wishing to copy these items over to a different computer and it would be of great benefit if I could make the change with a few file changes.

Many thanks in advance:happy:
  2. deadzombie

deadzombie Guest

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{user ID string}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

For Address book and the various accounts you can export these easily using Outlook express. For Address Book use Comma Seperated values (in case you want to import it into another mail client).
  3. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

File > Import and Export > Export the entire Local Folders as a .pst file then import that file
  4. ironguy

ironguy Guest

Look for these

You can copy to CD and take em with you. Make sure you put them in the appropriate folder, or make sure you point to the approriate folder from Outlook.
  5. Lighter

Lighter . . . . . . . . .

Ya'll giving incorrect info for Outlook. Check your paths!

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

MS has a free *.pst back-up utility (here ) which allows you to save to different locations automatically. Or you can just copy the *.pst file from the corrected path above. It's always good to have a backup of this, if you aren't using IMAP.
  6. kassellc

kassellc Guest

Outlook Express: mail stored in dbx files
    Outlook: mail stored in pst or ost file depending on setup.
    Address books normally stored as PAB format