Outlook XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by sboulema, Mar 22, 2003.

1. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

As default all your folders (inbox, sent items) are sorted alphabetical. Is there any way to resort them manually in the way you want them to appear?

2. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Yes and there is a lot of different ways to sort them... so how do you want to sort them??

3. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

Simply click on the column titles to sort by whatever that column title says. Click again on that column title and it will reverse the sort order.

I keep it set to sort by the "Received" column which is the date I received it.

If you want to add more sort options, right click on the column titles bar, select "columns..." and pick the ones you want to add.

This sorting technique works in Windows Explorer and lots of other programs as well.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

i wanna have my inbox first and then my outbox and then sent items and drafts and then my own folders where i store my emails.

btw im not talking about the sorting of the actual emails so i dont get he column thinggie. i wanna sort the folders. hoope you guys get me

5. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

I see what you mean. I've never done that before, and if it's possible, I don't know how.

You could try placing a certain number of spaces or characters before the name

for example " Inbox" or "_Inbox" to sort them properly. Right click on the folder and select properties and you should be able to rename.