Outlook XP Rules

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by NegativeFactor, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Ever noticed that sometimes Outlook XP completely ignores any rules you have set up. For example just delivers everything to your inbox regardless of the rule you have inplace to send the message to a different folder.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Is this something that was sorted in the Service Packs. I don't really want to install a service pack unless I know it's going to fix my problem.

Cheers

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Yep

Nope

It is annoying, isn't it?

3. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

It is usually related to how the rule was created... ie If you manually created the rules it can be buggy or if it is too complicated it can cause problems also.

If you created the rule via the organize button I dont have any problems at all with it.

4. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

For incoming email going to a folder I find that works ok as for rules to block something with the word Nortons in the subjet line I find it dont work so I now use mailwasher and I love it after all the spam and junk is washed/bounced/deleted I open my OE and only get what I want and seeing as the rules for folders work I am happy lol

5. gajef

gajef OSNN Addict

Do you have the latest Servicepacks installed?

I remember this issue was solved by either office sp1 or office sp2...

You can check this by going to the Office Update site

Gert-Jan

6. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I have got SP2 installed and it sill does it occasionally.

Also for some reason, messages from Microsoft sometimes get flagged as containing adult content. Yet my adult content sender list is empty.

Perhaps Outlook knows something we don't!?!

7. ironguy

ironguy Guest

Happens all the time

I have fully updated XP Pro / Office XP and it happens to me all the time. Also,Outlook opens to different folders occasionally.