Outlook & Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mcdruid, Aug 8, 2002.

1. mcdruid

mcdruid Guest

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can make Outlook and Outlook Express share the same inbox/contacts etc.. (perhaps using a .pst file?)

I'm dual booting between XP and 2000, and I don't want to setup Office in 2000 (which I only use for certain things). I use Outlook XP under Win XP, but would like to be able access my inbox/contacts and check my mail etc.. using Outlook Express when I'm running Win 2000.

I know how to export/import the inbox and mail accounts etc.. from Outlook, but don't know much about Outlook Express. I also don't want to have to import/export every time I switch from one OS to the other. Can they share the same inbox/contacts on an ongoing basis?

Any ideas anyone?

thanks,

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Mine appears to share contacts anyway (i haven't done anything), i'm not sure about inbox stuff, cause they may be stored in different formats

3. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Just setup the mail account in Outlook 2002 and import your contacts into it. You should never have to use OE again. Except for usenet. I dont think you can use Outlook 2002 for that only.

4. mcdruid

mcdruid Guest

thanks for the replies, but perhaps i didn't explain:

I have dual boot.. XP & Win 2000

in XP I have Offive XP set-up & use Outlook 2002

in Win 2000 I don't have Office set up at all, and don't want to.

I just want to use OE when I'm in Win 2000, but want it to have the same inbox and contacts as Outlook does under XP.

thx,

5. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

try

open the addressbox in OE then going to tools-options and the select share data with outlook

may not work becuase its dual boot

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

You can point the data file to the other OS