Outlook not sending e-mail

Sinster

OSNN Senior Addict
I have 3 different pop servers satx.rr.com, austin.rr.com and adelphia.com.
I can't send on any account.

I keep getting this error

our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test

Sent: 7/10/2003 3:04 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'Super_Beetle72@xxxx.com' on 7/10/2003 3:04 PM

550 5.7.1 <Super_Beetle72@xxxxx.com>... Relaying denied

I am running Nortons AV and have turned it off. I still get my outgoing mail kicked back. This just started happening yesterday. I haven't installed anything new.

You are trying to send an email thru a smtp server other than the one your currently connected to. This means if you are connected thru one isp and try to send email thru anothers isp's smtp server this is called relaying and is not allowed. You must use the isp's outgoing or smtp server you are currently connected too.

Thx... I changed my satx.rr.com and austin.rr.com smtp settings to adelphia and now it sends them.

My question is how come it doesn't block the outgoing? It differs from adelphia.net?

Relaying is a security problem... It is only used on outgoing or smtp servers. You can get or pop your email from anywhere connected thru anyone. Spammers usually troll around and look for port 25 to be open on smtp servers. This way they can send email thru that server and it cannot be traced back to them only to the email server. Smtp servers will only allowed users to send email thru them if they are from an approved ip address or username and password verification. Thats why for example if you are connected thru Comcast and try to send email thru Verizons outgoing (smtp) server you get the open relaying not allowed error. Hope that helps :D

then I would say adelphia has a security issue... these are not laws but common practice amonst isp's. Some isp's will block email from known open relays. some dont

you can check your isp or other isp's here...

ORDB

There are more but I dont have the links availible...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back