Outlook Express

Sims

I'm WoW'ed...
Hi, I've set up a computer with 5 users (win xp pro)
Each user has mydoc on the E:\my docs. (so my doc is like a common area)
And in outlook the mail is using E:\my doc\mail as storage place.
All users has it like this. With the same mail adr. but different mail name.
Works like a common mail box. So when you send or recive a mail, everybody sees it.
Works fine for most useres, but:
When user A recives mail, logs out and user B logs on and try to recive mail, it gest the same mail user A just downloaded to the inbox. Ie, you get a copy of the mail.
But this just happens with these two useres.

Any idea?

Sims
- Viking of Norway

sound like user A isnt removing the mail from the server...

Well, actually, nobody is.
The mail is still on server for backup reasons.
But The users uses the same mailbox. Everybody got the same mail adr.
So in outlook exp. if you as an example create an folder. This folder is there for everybody. Like a common mailbox.
But user A and B always get an extra mail, even if its already downloaded by the other user. With user C D and E there is no problem. Works like a charm.

To clarify: User A downloads mail, and gets my test mail. If user C D and E logs on the see the new test mail, and if they checks for new mail, there are no new mail (because the newest mail is already downloaded)
If user B logs on, he sees the test mail, but if he check for new mail, he gets the test mail again. So now there is two test mails. same date and time
Its very strange.

Sims

I would recommend setting it so it would download the emails and remove them from the server... If user A logs in and get sthe emails, User B (when logging in) will be recognised by Outlook as a different user, and will download all emails in the account which it doesnt already have (therefore the ones which have just been downloaded by user A).

Only way around it is to turn off the "leave on server" option I would think unfortunately :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back