Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by djchapple, Nov 8, 2002.

1. djchapple

djchapple OSNN Addict

I have received an email from a reliable source with an attachment. I cannot open it - all I get is a placeholder with a cross. Double clicking and right clicking then using open has no effect.

I have tried IExplorer/Tools/Options/Security. The box entitled "Do not allow attachments to be saved....." is not checked.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

David

2. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

try Save as. save it on your desktop.
    ask the person who sent you the attachment what is it.if you don't know him/her then ignore it..maybe it's a virus!

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Just because you know the person doesn't mean it is safe. Virii attach themselves to mail they have created. Be careful.

4. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

I would delete it and forget about it! :p

If you really want to - you can e-mail the "reliable source" and ask WTF?????;)

But I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole!

5. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

Treat this as a virus. Don’t try to open it again. Remove it from your system obtaining it's TCP/IP or address using NeoTrace Pro. If you don’t have this give me the TCP/IP address via e-mail.

6. allan

allan Guest

Do you have another email client you can try? If so, forward it to yourself.

7. pacou

pacou Guest

hello, it is possible that the message is not correctly received, can you be made it reforward?